Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > kel tec owners please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default kel tec owners please help

hi guys could you guys help me? i wanna buy a kel tec p3at from a friend but i wanna make sure its clean but we can't find the serial number on it. could anyone tell me where to look? i feel like i looked at it pretty well and couldn't find it but there also weren't any spots were anything looked sanded or grinded off. again where is it? where do i look? i'm gettin a great deal almost too good to be true thats why i really wanna make sure its not hot before i buy its brand new looks unfired with case and trigger lock for $120 so i really wanna jump on it plz help guys

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #2

Mine is on the back of the slide just below the hammer. Mine is 1st generation. Don't think it changed on second, but not sure. I certainly would be leary of a $120. P3AT, especially w/o a number.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:20 AM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 145

IF it isn't there after exhausting the normal spots for #'s check for a little "dremle" work. Never owned or shot one but I am also pretty keen to find an id on a firearm...

H

Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds too good to be true. Does that help?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

No # anywhere ?.. For that price ?.. You could go to the "seedy" part of town and sell it for 150.. Just kidding !!
If the person you are buying from cannot verify where it came from, chances are he's up to no good also..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #6

Should be just below the hammer, above the tang. The numbers are laser engraved. The polymer grip frame is not part of the registered portion, only the steel "chassis", and the two are easily seperated.

If for some reason, you can't find it, seperate the polymer frame from the steel and look again. The numbers are required to be visible without disassembly.

Sounds too good to be true...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #7

The P3AT is on the right. The numbers are not hard to see. Like I said before, this is a Generation 1, but I think all of them are in the same place.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #8

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith84 View Post
hi guys could you guys help me? i wanna buy a kel tec p3at from a friend but i wanna make sure its clean but we can't find the serial number on it. could anyone tell me where to look? i feel like i looked at it pretty well and couldn't find it but there also weren't any spots were anything looked sanded or grinded off. again where is it? where do i look? i'm gettin a great deal almost too good to be true thats why i really wanna make sure its not hot before i buy its brand new looks unfired with case and trigger lock for $120 so i really wanna jump on it plz help guys
A friend? Just ask him, and ask for a bill-of-sale!

One bit of hesitation on his part, WALK AWAY.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #9

well i was in kind of a hurry when i looked at it and that might've been the one place i aint really look. thanks alot guys that picture really helps a bunch too. i'm gonna go by there tomorrow and check it out it looked brand new and still in original box with trigger lock on it looked unfired (no 380 ammo locally have to buy online) probably the problem and my friend doesn't know much about guns and acquired it from a family member for next to nothing so i think i just finally got a stroke of luck and got a great deal

Old 03-20-2010, 03:54 AM   #10

Default What a lucky day!!!

So today was payday and I called my friend to come look at the gun and check 4 numbers since i now know where to look and he told me he pawned it. no sweat though we rode to the pawn shop and he got it out and went through the background check and the guns is clean and i got it for $120 with case manual and trigger lock+key. I was expecting not to be able to find any 380 ammo in town because it has been super scarce but the second place i tried had 50 count boxes of winchester. my luck is usually never this good. i'm so psyched heres pics

kel-tec-1.jpg   kel-tec-2.jpg