Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kahr PM9 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

We are not talking about a Jennings or a Taurus. Kahr is not a cheap or crappy brand. If it doesn't shoot everything you put in it...there is a problem. I have a CM9. It has never failed to fire anything. It has been 100% since day 1. Call Kahr. If they are a class act, they should make it right.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #12

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I give up send the thing back along with some of the junk ammo so it can be tested. My 3 kahrs have been great from day one also but I do not spend money on certain ammo brands. There are brands that produce low quality ammo more than any others.

Last edited by hardluk1; 06-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

After almost 6 months, 2 trips to Kahr and multiple arguments at the
lgs where I bought it the mistery is
finally resolved. A week ago I went to the range with my wife to test the little
thing after it was returned from
kahr the second time. They argue they shoot
an impresive number of FOUR magazines without an issue so the gun is not the problem. It was by watching her firing that I finally noticed than when the gun went “click” instead on “Bang”, the slide was not completelly aligned with the frame by only a few milimeters, so small that it was almost not visible
to the eye when looking at the sights. Took it to the LGS, asked the owner to
test it with a recoil
spring from a new one, to see if the malfunction
colud be reproduced by manipulating the slide with the new spring and it was then when
we saw what was wrong: when compared side by side, my recoil spring was like 1 inch shorter than the new one, even though they both had the same number of coils. Tested it today with a new
spring and guess what, cero issues!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2004 Times on 1088 Posts
Likes Given: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
After almost 6 months, 2 trips to Kahr and multiple arguments at the
lgs where I bought it the mistery is
finally resolved. A week ago I went to the range with my wife to test the little
thing after it was returned from
kahr the second time. They argue they shoot
an impresive number of FOUR magazines without an issue so the gun is not the problem. It was by watching her firing that I finally noticed than when the gun went “click” instead on “Bang”, the slide was not completelly aligned with the frame by only a few milimeters, so small that it was almost not visible
to the eye when looking at the sights. Took it to the LGS, asked the owner to
test it with a recoil
spring from a new one, to see if the malfunction
colud be reproduced by manipulating the slide with the new spring and it was then when
we saw what was wrong: when compared side by side, my recoil spring was like 1 inch shorter than the new one, even though they both had the same number of coils. Tested it today with a new
spring and guess what, cero issues!
That will do it. It had to be a bad batch of springs. I wonder how many others are out there with over-compressed springs.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA