kahr pm40
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > kahr pm40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default kahr pm40

does anyone have anything to say about kahr... i was looking at a pm40

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #2

Liked 358 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I have a P40 Covert that has been nothing but reliable. I added a stainless guide rod for a tad more weight up front, and a set of adjustable night sights. The factory sights shot too low for me and I wanted to be able to shoot to point of aim.
The Trijicon sights are a real plus on a carry gun IMO.

The entire gun is only an inch wide, and carries easily in a front pocket. Recoil is definitely "snappy" but certainly not uncontrollable. You do need to hang on to it when touching one (or several) off though.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

If I hadn't already gotten two other large frame 40's, after packing the smaller one I would have gotten a PM40 for ccw, definately easy to hide. Only thing that keeps me from getting one now is that they are a bit costly.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I had a PM40 for a short time - not a fun gun to shoot at all. It was accurate and reliable but .40 in that small & light package wasn't for me...

Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #5

Since you asked about Kahrs in general. IMHO you won't find a better return on investment on a CCW. I own a PM9 and it shoots as accurately at 7rds as my 4" FNP9. I'm not a big guy 5'5" and I don't have a control problem and I've put about 500 rounds through it and not one FTF right out of the box. The attach photo is my first five shots at 7yrds. ( I just had to save the target after I picked up my jaw)

Old 11-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

My first encounter with Kahr was at the range. Someone let me shoot his brand-new Kahr, and I let him shoot something of mine. It was a .40, but I don't remember the exact model. It occasionally didn't go all the way back into battery, but the owner had said they sometimes require a break-in period. It was fun to shoot, though.

My next encounter was indirect. I met a guy who owned a Kahr. The first rounds he ever fired out of it were in self-defense. A couple of guys tried to rob him as he was going into his shop. He killed the first guy and one got away. So that gun didn't seem to need a break-in period.

Unfortunately, the shop owner was himself shot during the fracas. The first bad guy's gun went off as he hit the ground, and the round hit the owner in the chest. He was in a medically induced coma for a while. They brought him out of it just in time to celebrate his son's birthday. Then for his first outing, a friend took him to the range. So both my Kahr stories center around the same range.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 11-19-2009, 04:37 AM   #7

I own (2) Kahr firearms (CW40 & P380), I'm always impressed on how small, light and the preformance of them. They are all DOA pistols. There is a break-in period with a new Kahr firearm, but once past that period you have a very reliable gun. And all the Kahrs I've seen have worked flawlessly, for me and other owners.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

The Kahr K9 is a solidly built machine, being all steel. Mine has become my daily CCW pistol and has never malfunctioned. I would recommend a Kahr for carry to anyone.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Dunno about the pm40, but i do carry a CW45 from time to time

easy to carry and conceal, but some might find it a bit 'snappy' due to the lightweight. i like it, and it does get it's turn to be CCW

as with all Kahr's, there is a breaking in period that gets a bit frustrating, but worth the effort.

Slo