Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Kahr CW380 Any Owners on this forum? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/kahr-cw380-any-owners-forum-103760/)

mopowerbmx 02-07-2014 06:32 PM

Kahr CW380 Any Owners on this forum?

Just wondering if there are any owners in here. Not really looking to join another forum when this one has it all.

mopowerbmx 02-07-2014 10:09 PM

Bump......

DrFootball 02-07-2014 11:40 PM

Ask the admins for a KAHR thread...or complete forum....

mopowerbmx 02-07-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1500963)
Ask the admins for a KAHR thread...or complete forum....

Yeah I'm on the Kahr Forum but haven't really posted anything. Just followed a few threads for info. I don't plan on being on it much.Im mostly on here or the Glock Forum. Maybe they could add a forum in the handgun section. But if there is no interest in Kahr on here then it's just extra Mod work.Ive heard some real good things about Kahr and some bad things about them. Hopefully someone will come along with experience and post on this thread.Thanks DrFootball.

mikemc 02-08-2014 11:53 AM

I got my CW380 for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I sold a BG380 to buy the Kahr and I would do it again.

Now remember, when it comes to peoples opinions on guns, take them as just what they are...opinions. That being said that CW380 is just perfect for me. Love the trigger, and the gun is easy on the hand and very easy to shoot, accurately. Obviously it's extremely easy to carry/conceal due to it's very light weight and small size. I've run about 300 rounds (various FMJ and JHP) through it without a single issue or flaw.

If you have any specific questions on the gun, fire away (pardon the pun) or pm me if you feel the need.

mopowerbmx 02-08-2014 02:20 PM

Sweet thanks. I just got one a few days ago and love the feel as well. Light,small,soft shooter,and accurate. The spring was supper tight at first. I've only put 25 through it with no malfunction as well. I cannot find ammo to fire the 200 break in rounds. I worked the slide over 200 times and left it open over night. The slide is easy to work and field strip now. What bothers me is the issues everyone is having. I got the little gun because of great reviews but when I joined Kahr Talk all I see is FTF and FTE with the P380 but not much on the CW. Glad you haven't had any issues and hopefully I will know if I have any as soon as I can find ammo. Like I said I put 25 through but it was hornady Critical defense. That's expensive. Thanks for the reply.

DrFootball 02-08-2014 03:39 PM

Kahr CW380 Any Owners on this forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopowerbmx (Post 1500981)
Yeah I'm on the Kahr Forum but haven't really posted anything. Just followed a few threads for info. I don't plan on being on it much.Im mostly on here or the Glock Forum. Maybe they could add a forum in the handgun section. But if there is no interest in Kahr on here then it's just extra Mod work.Ive heard some real good things about Kahr and some bad things about them. Hopefully someone will come along with experience and post on this thread.Thanks DrFootball.

I wouldn't mind getting a Stainless Model in 9MM,...I hear the biggest one barrel size-wise is 4" with an 8 Shot single stack Magazine. I carry one IWB on the Hip or Kidney as a BU to a larger Auto or Wheelgun...

mopowerbmx 02-08-2014 05:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey mike does your CW have this indent in the half moon on the slide?? I've seen this on a few other threads.they actually sanded it down. I think it's normal because I don't see anything that would cause it. Attachment 135698Attachment 135699

mikemc 02-08-2014 07:20 PM

Mine had a small indent with slight raised metal. I stoned it smooth and haven't had any issues. It would appear, though, that their CNC process has a glitch that probably would be best straightened out. If that little burr comes off during action it might cause issues somewhere.