Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Just picked up a new handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
You just can't go wrong with any SIG. First class all the way...

yeeah! i fell in love with the P 226 X5 competition. i talked to a gunsmith this afternoon...only the msrp is a bit intimidating...but it worth every penny as he said. i'm leaning on it,héhé i think i'm in love with it.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockmaniac View Post
yeeah! i fell in love with the P 226 X5 competition. i talked to a gunsmith this afternoon...only the msrp is a bit intimidating...but it worth every penny as he said. i'm leaning on it,héhé i think i'm in love with it.
Don't let the price scare you away. SIG's bring top dollar and they are good investments, just like S&W and Colt.

You should NOT pay MSRP...

Old 11-09-2008, 02:34 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

[QUOTE=Mark F;49495]Don't let the price scare you away. SIG's bring top dollar and they are good investments, just like S&W and Colt.

Quote:
You should NOT pay MSRP...

i know,it seems a bit odd,but in my damn so******t country, i highly doubt i could find a used one...

at the range i shoot as guess ,everyone seems to have old guns to play with,only average models/brands and poeple over here cant understand how someone is ready to pay such price for a simple handgun.

if you have any idea about how i could pay less for a brand new one héhé lets talk about it!!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #24

[QUOTE=Glockmaniac;49504]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Don't let the price scare you away. SIG's bring top dollar and they are good investments, just like S&W and Colt.

i know,it seems a bit odd,but in my damn so******t country, i highly doubt i could find a used one...

at the range i shoot as guess ,everyone seems to have old guns to play with,only average models/brands and poeple over here cant understand how someone is ready to pay such price for a simple handgun.

if you have any idea about how i could pay less for a brand new one héhé lets talk about it!!
These are steps I have taken to get discounts on many items.

Join a shooting club to get discounts.
Look for a dealer that doesn't stock the pistol and pay for it with cash. If the dealer has to order it, he may extend a discount since he didn't have to put out any cash to keep the pistol in inventory. No discount, go to his competition.
Are there any accessories you will be purchasing at the same time?
I got an eighty dollar case, cleaning supplies, and a discount when I purchased my rifle. Overall savings was about six hundred dollars off MSRP. Cash and the willingness to walk out the door have always gotten me the best deals when purchasing different types of items.
Can you import one from the U.S.?