Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Just picked up a new handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You just can't go wrong with any SIG. First class all the way...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #12

I am a novice shooter, but I had a very good outing with my new Sig. It was my best shooting performance to date and it really felt comfortable and smooth.

I was disappointed when I called Sig this morning and they wanted 12.95 to tell me when me pistol was made. I was more curious then anything, and do not need a certificate to hang on the wall. Why not just tell me???

Old 10-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
I am a novice shooter, but I had a very good outing with my new Sig. It was my best shooting performance to date and it really felt comfortable and smooth.

I was disappointed when I called Sig this morning and they wanted 12.95 to tell me when me pistol was made. I was more curious then anything, and do not need a certificate to hang on the wall. Why not just tell me???
WHAT??? They wanted $12.95 just to tell you when your gun was made? That would piss me off to the point of contacting the President, CEO, or CFO and rip them a new a$$hole.

I get serial number information fairly often and I've never been charged...

I'd call back and ask for a supervisor... Better yet, give them $12.95 on a CC then dispute the charges at the end of the month...

Last edited by Mark F; 10-20-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
WHAT??? They wanted $12.95 just to tell you when your gun was made? That would piss me off to the point of contacting the President, CEO, or CFO and rip them a new a$$hole.

I get serial number information fairly often and I've never been charged...

I'd call back and ask for a supervisor... Better yet, give them $12.95 on a CC then dispute the charges at the end of the month...

I was rather pissed also. I did not want to cry about it, but asking for 12.95 just to let me know when my pistol was made is kind of steep. I know there is nothing to really gain from knowing when it was made, but I am curious like that and would like to know the specifics. I was thinking about calling back and hoping that I got another customer service person and ask them about it.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Let us know how this works out... I'd really like to know!

Old 10-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #16

It did not work out well. I emailed them and asked and their response was to send them 12.95 and they would send me the make, model & date it was made ...

I then called customer service back and they told me they could not give me the information, that I had to pay 12.95 and they would send me a certificate LOL

I do not want a wall mountable cert, I want to know when my fliping gun was made. I know the model, I know the make, just need the date. How bogus from such a high end company ...

Old 10-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
It did not work out well. I emailed them and asked and their response was to send them 12.95 and they would send me the make, model & date it was made ...

I then called customer service back and they told me they could not give me the information, that I had to pay 12.95 and they would send me a certificate LOL

I do not want a wall mountable cert, I want to know when my fliping gun was made. I know the model, I know the make, just need the date. How bogus from such a high end company ...
I guess they're hell-bent on making a few dollars off of your serial number... That could keep me from buying a SIG...

Old 10-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #18

Finally!!! I tricked a customer service guy into telling me. I called and asked if my gun could get a DAK conversion and he asked for my SN. He then told me no, because it was too old, he then told me when it was made LOL.

Good trick to know I guess ...

Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #19

Man going through all of that in the modern day of a company having all of its records like that available at the push of a few buttons on a computer is just insane .

Those people would just keel over and die if they ever got a real job and had to actually do manual labor .

Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Man going through all of that in the modern day of a company having all of its records like that available at the push of a few buttons on a computer is just insane .

Those people would just keel over and die if they ever got a real job and had to actually do manual labor .
Yeah, pushing a few buttons just isn't the same as: Taking the stairs down to the records room in the basement, where you have to forage through countless dusty isles and find a single container that has a range of documents, then pulling a packet with that serial number....

The good news is, YOU GOT IT!!