Just out of curiosity.......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Just out of curiosity.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Just out of curiosity.......

Am I the only one that preps the night before for a range day, or is this normal? ( I really hope others do. I don't want to admit that I'm this obsessed)

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

All depends on what you mean by prep...if you mean packing up your range bag, loading up the ammo cans and making sure all your gear is squared away, that's pretty normal...at least to me. Now if you engage in some some of pre-range meditation ritual or finger strengthening exercise and spiritual chanting...that's a bit weird.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
All depends on what you mean by prep...if you mean packing up your range bag, loading up the ammo cans and making sure all your gear is squared away, that's pretty normal...at least to me. Now if you engage in some some of pre-range meditation ritual or finger strengthening exercise and spiritual chanting...that's a bit weird.
So running around the house diving behind the couch and shooting targets with a rubber suction cup dart gun while blaring "The Eye Of The Tiger" is going a bit far?

Jesse James

People Like This 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3 View Post
So running around the house diving behind the couch and shooting targets with a rubber suction cup dart gun while blaring "The Eye Of The Tiger" is going a bit far?
Absolutely...the appropriate music is Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone."

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #5

Hey...hope you don't mind an off topic question but I heard an Inga Blanks (ssp) filling in for Marl levin tonight. She is from the Fresno area I believe; ever heard of her? I thought she did a really good job...she knows her stuff and is very entertaining.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Absolutely...the appropriate music is Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone."
I shall make the appropriate corrections.

Jesse James

Old 08-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Hey...hope you don't mind an off topic question but I heard an Inga Blanks (ssp) filling in for Marl levin tonight. She is from the Fresno area I believe; ever heard of her? I thought she did a really good job...she knows her stuff and is very entertaining.
Yes, I listen to her every so often. She does do a great show. I've heard rumors of her getting a national show.

Jesse James

Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nope i do the same thing get all my gear set and ready to go, don't wanna end up the range with only half your ammo (has happened to a friend) or your PPE (personal Protective Equipment). Plus you wanna make sure all your firearms are in proper working order. Plus it's one more reason to mess with em

Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #9

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Gotta admit, I too check every firearm that I am taking to the range the night before, I pack my ammo and protective gear in the range bag.

I am burned out on the "Danger zone" theme song so I practice to Bullets in the gun by Toby Keith.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3
Am I the only one that preps the night before for a range day, or is this normal? ( I really hope others do. I don't want to admit that I'm this obsessed)
Nope I do the same.. I even clean them again before I go. Nothing wrong with a little Nerf gun battle with the wife and kid the night before. Although I practice proper trigger technique they both spray and pray.. Which means I catch quite a few darts to the head.