Just got my permit!! Now, what to get?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Just got my permit!! Now, what to get??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
That Sig Mosquito looks nice, I don't know how well it's built or how durable it is?
In terms of ammo cost for a larger round, again i'm all ears to suggestions, what would be the best bang for the buck in terms of defense/accuracy/price?
I heard that the mosquito has a problem, that is peaky with cheap ammo, to obtain reliability feed them with the best ammo, otherwise is prone to FTE and FTF... I had shot the S&W 22A, the Ruger MKIII and the Browning Buckmark... all 3 are good choices but as personal taste I do preffer the Buckmark, the Ruger is good too, but is some pain to disarm and clean.
About your second caliber, I still suggest that buy the 9mm.... because 9mm is cheap to practice but with decent stoping power for self defense, 9mm it's not only cheaper, it's also easier to find (more popular) than .40S&W... If budget is in your mind, stay with the 9mm.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have become a big fan of the Browning Buckmark for a .22 pistol, and I would recommend either the Glock or Springfield.

The Stoeger Cougar is also interesting, considering you're basically getting Beretta quality at discount price.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #13

Default Sig

Get the Sig Mosquito in 22LR and the Sig Pro in 9mm, 40 SW, or .357sig.

I had the Sig Pro in .357 sig and never had a jam. The rounds are spendy but some times it is nice not to have the same thing as everyone else. I shot it well and I always wanted to buy the Sig Pro laser attachment but never got around to it. I sold my Sig Pro a couple years back and some times I miss that gun when I am at the range.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #14

Liked 1123 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
A good .22 is a good choice, particularly if you can only go to the range. A friend of mine has a Walther P22 and while it is a nice gun and he claims it is accurate, his broke when he mistakenly squeezed the trigger when it was disassembled and being cleaned. They are delicate guns internally, with many small delicate parts in the hammer/trigger group. A Ruger MKIII or 22/45 would be a good choice and is more accurate and cheaper than the Walther. I have a stainless bull barreled 22/45 which is a great gun for target shooting or small game hunting.
I agree that the MKIII is a great choice for a .22 I fire a friends all the time and it is very accurate and reliable for a .22 but to me it has 1 drawback. I absolutely must wear safety glasses when firing it. I have been hit multiple times with powder blowback and that stings your eyes. I also fire a Walther a lot and have never been hit with blowback, but it jams a bit more often.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You should go with the exact same set up that I have. A S&W M&P 40 and a Walther P22. Just my .02¢

Old 04-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

+1 on the M&P