Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Just got back from the gun show. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/just-got-back-gun-show-29184/)

Rick1967 07-10-2010 05:43 PM

Just got back from the gun show.

I went to the gun show in Grand Junction with my friend. These people must think there is still a shortage! There were people trying to sell used guns for more than new ones. I am not talking about collectables. There was a guy trying to sell a couple High Point pistols. One was a .380. The other was a 9mm. He wanted $250 for a used High Point 9mm! The only stuff that was affordable was old crap with cracked stocks and stuff like that.

canebrake 07-10-2010 05:45 PM

Hang in there, the good stuff will show up.

freefall 07-10-2010 07:23 PM

Last couple of shows I went to were similar. Doesn't matter, going to a gun show is a political statement even if you don't find a decent deal.

danf_fl 07-10-2010 07:37 PM

+1 for freefall. If the gunshows were not made up primarily of gunshops trying to sell their goods, there would not be enough sellers and traders to make it worth while.
(If you continue to look, you may come across some great deals like I have.)

JonM 07-10-2010 08:09 PM

never know what you will find at a gun show. ive passed on things i wanted only to find it for a reasonable price several shows later. its the sellers perogative to sell at a price they choose no one is forced to buy.

Glasshartt 07-10-2010 09:45 PM

Saw a brand new High point 9mm for $159.00 at the El Paso show. It didn't last long.

justdon 07-10-2010 11:37 PM

Be patient you'll find what youre looking for. i have found some of my best deals at pawn shops and face to face deals. And if the ones at the gun shows can't sell them they will come down on their prices.

Rick1967 07-11-2010 12:08 AM

Yea, I will keep spending my six bucks to get in, even if I don't buy anything. I was hoping to find a 45 colt derringer. No such luck. I collect things that you don't buy ammo for at walmart. So I usually look at the gun shows. I will be getting some dies for my mosin pretty soon. I foud some reloadable ammo at Cabellas after leaving the gun show emplty handed. Reloadable 7.62x54R is not all that common. $16 for a box of 20. I was happy with that.

IDVague 07-11-2010 12:26 AM

I like the gun shows that run Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon and provide a ticket option for the entire run. I try to arrive early as possible on Friday, and if I scope out something I like but can't get the price I want, I come back close to the Sunday afternoon closing time for one final offer. In the meantime, I search out the other good buys if there are any.

justdon 07-11-2010 12:30 AM

There you go man at least the day was not wasted. You didn't go home empty handed.