Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Just bought a PX4-Storm!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just bought a PX4-Storm!

So after much deliberation, I finally made a decision. Today I ordered a Beretta PX4-Storm in .40S&W!!!

There seems to be some confusion on if the sub-compact is available or not. So if it is the guy will get it for me, if not, it will be the full sized. Either one should be awesome!

I'm supposed to have it by Wednesday

[edit]
I have an ammo-question here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10591#post10591
[/edit]

__

Raven

Last edited by ravenslay3r; 10-20-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: cross-linked to related thread.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

OOhhh, I'm sorry. Hope the trigger is okay on those things.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenslay3r View Post
So after much deliberation, I finally made a decision. Today I ordered a Beretta PX4-Storm in .40S&W!!!

There seems to be some confusion on if the sub-compact is available or not. So if it is the guy will get it for me, if not, it will be the full sized. Either one should be awesome!

I'm supposed to have it by Wednesday

[edit]
I have an ammo-question here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10591#post10591
[/edit]
Just came back from the Beretta website and saw that they have the sub-compact PX-4 Storm available. I think I will try to gather some data before looking seriously at this pistol.

I like the looks of that PX-4 Storm but doubt I would give up my G22 for it. May have to make a purchase in addition to...

Last edited by henryk; 10-24-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Found correct info.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #4

Default Got It Today!

So it finally came in today! Will upload pics as soon as I can, but it looks and feels great! I can't wait to shoot it (Thrusday, Nov. 8th).

BTW - I ended up with the full-size Beretta-PX4 in .40S&W

Pleasant Surprise:

The PX4 is available in 3 models:
* Type F - Single and double-action. De-cocker. Manual safety.
* Type D - Double-action-only. Spurless hammer. No de-cocker. No safety.
* Type G - Single and double-action. De-cocker. No manual safety.

I've heard 'Type F' is the only civilian one and comes with 2-mags, while the other two are designated "LE ONLY" but include 3-mags.

Well, I ended up with a 'Type G'! I had been expecting a 'Type F' and had liked the idea of a manual safety. But now that I have it, and the free extra-mag, I don't think I'm going to complain.

Review

Though I have nothing to compare to, the trigger feels great to me. The entire gun fits together nice and tight, contrary to some reviews I read. The only play is about 1/32" in the barrel when the slide is locked OPEN...

Comments
Matt - ouch! Hope your kidding. So far though, it seems fine.
henryk - My dealer looked for me and said the sub-compact won't be out till at least January.

__

Raven

Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Matt - ouch! Hope your kidding. So far though, it seems fine.
I'm just giving you a hard time. I have yet to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is man enough to shoot a 1911.

Hope it serves you well, drop me a line when you make it out west.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #6

"henryk - My dealer looked for me and said the sub-compact won't be out till at least January."

Yep. But I can wait. I have enough to shoot at the moment and may pick up another in the next week or two. By January, I'll be ready again.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #7

Just got back from the range and pretty much got the same info regarding the availability of the sub-compact PX-4 Storm in .40 S & W. I will be looking to make a purchase at that time if the size is comparable or better than the G27 Glock I was checking out. I love shooting my G22 but it is too large and heavy for CCW.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #8

Default Will probably get the Sub-Compact also

Realistically I won't be able to get my hands on a CCW permit before january anyways. I'll probably get the sub-compact also when I do!

__

Raven

Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Realistically I won't be able to get my hands on a CCW permit before january anyways. I'll probably get the sub-compact also when I do!
Great. You can never have too many .40 S & Ws.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 AM   #10

The PX4s that come packaged with 2 mags usually have the other two grip backstraps included, while I believe the LEO package with three mags don't.

However, I believe they put the medium grip backstrap on the LEO package, which feels good to me, and is what I used out of my three anyway.

Anyway, my PX4 .40 has been flawless, and is mucho fun to shoot. The only problem I had at all was that initially the rear sight needed to be drifted to get it to shoot to my point of aim, and I've never had a gun with a sight so hard to move. I had to go to a gunsmith to get it done. I've drifted sights on dozens of other pistols, but I couldn't budge this one. Maybe you won't have to move yours. Good luck.