Jimenez arms? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Jimenez arms?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I doubt anyone who made a post in this thread has ever owned or even fired a Jimenez firearm. I have a JA-22 I have shot thousands of times without any trouble other than a firing pin breaking. Jimenez has far better service than most gun manufacturers. My Ja-22 is as accurate as any gun on the market with a 1.75" barrel. Compared to a kel tec P-11 or P-3AT it is like shooting a target pistol. I own both the P-11 and P-3AT. I would bet the JA-22 will hold it's own with a ruger LCP. I am one of the biggest Ruger fanboys on earth.

Edit: I can not recommend buying Jimenez firearm larger than a 22. A hi point would be a much better choice for larger calibers.
actually i had a couple of the old Jennings 25 acp pistols years ago. same pistol, made by the same family under a different name. they were junk years ago, and from what i have seen and heard, nothing has changed, other than the name. i handled a couple of different one last year, NIB at the pawn shop, same cheap feeling pistol. funny they wanted $139 NIB, and i gave about $49 for each of the two i bought over 25 years ago. inflation i guess!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #12

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I doubt anyone who made a post in this thread has ever owned or even fired a Jimenez firearm. I have a JA-22 I have shot thousands of times without any trouble other than a firing pin breaking. Jimenez has far better service than most gun manufacturers. My Ja-22 is as accurate as any gun on the market with a 1.75" barrel. Compared to a kel tec P-11 or P-3AT it is like shooting a target pistol. I own both the P-11 and P-3AT. I would bet the JA-22 will hold it's own with a ruger LCP. I am one of the biggest Ruger fanboys on earth.

Edit: I can not recommend buying Jimenez firearm larger than a 22. A hi point would be a much better choice for larger calibers.
I have owned one thank you very much, whenever they were jennings bryco. It was a POS throw away gun and one day decided to go fully auto on me,it has been at the bottom of my pond for over a decade now.

"jiminez has far better service than most gun manufactures" hahaha

By all means, go by them all PLEASE

Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:

I don't have to have owned a Yugo in order to tell you it's a piece of crap.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #14

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I have owned one thank you very much, whenever they were jennings bryco. It was a POS throw away gun and one day decided to go fully auto on me,it has been at the bottom of my pond for over a decade now.

"jiminez has far better service than most gun manufactures" hahaha

By all means, go by them all PLEASE
I didn't own one but I did shoot one and the top of the slide cracked, it was a .380 and looked lightly used when my friend bought it. Never and I very seldom say never, will I fire a Jennings again.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 406 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

I don't have to have owned a Yugo in order to tell you it's a piece of crap.
^^^^^^^Bingo^^^^^

Old 09-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #16

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Damn, I must be charmed to get good service from several items that are slammed on the internet.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Damn, I must be charmed to get good service from several items that are slammed on the internet.
even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while. i'm glad you have had good luck with them, but i wouldn't trust one, from my own experiance with them.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #18

Funny thing is when you go to http://mouseguns.com/ the Jimenez gets good reviews by independent owners. But they get slammed in internet forums. Could be the sheep effect. People make posts to be popular instead of informative.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #19

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Funny thing is when you go to http://mouseguns.com/ the Jimenez gets good reviews by independent owners. But they get slammed in internet forums. Could be the sheep effect. People make posts to be popular instead of informative.
Dude your in the wrong place if your calling us sheep, these guns are very well known for catastrophic failures and i know this first hand,so you can keep your awesome jiminez and your smartass comments.....we dont want them

Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #20

With all due respect prove it. There has only been one judgement against the companies mentioned here. A guy in CA shot his kid in the face with one decocking it by pulling the trigger. Now if all these failures had happened there would be more than one judgement.

Only sheep slander a companies products without proof.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimenez_Arms

If you all come to your senses I can tell you how to make Jimenez pistols run as good as most pistols on the market. They are more accurate than other pistols the same size (1 7/8" barrel). I have a decent charter 38 I won off a prison shrink and a guard. I took the charter in lieu of $100 cash. One was shooting a P-3AT. The other a ruger lcp. I would not say this unless it was true. I am the one of the biggest ruger fanboy on earth. I own 4 ruger pistols and a 10/22.

Otherwise I am just going to prove you to be wrong or malicious.

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-16-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Closed Thread