Jennings 9mm? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Jennings 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Jennings 9mm

I had one of the Jennings 9mms once, it's small size and lightness in weight made it flat spank the hand when fired. I read all of the minuses concerning that pistol and the other calibers they made and believe that there is a warning there. My recommendation...Don't buy that one !

I also had a HiPoint after that and although it appeared a safe pistol I found it lacking...An el cheapo, pot metal thing. It fired sucessfully but I decided that to own a decent pistol, there was going to be a significant cost involved and the only cheapy I have had since is an all steel Zastava M88A in 9mm and
there are better pistols out there but its solid, deep blued and shoots where I aim it. Only reason for it is easy concealability, otherwise I'd carry my 1911.

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #42

I've got a Jennings 22 found in a drawer at my grandmothers house after she passed I've fired it a few times never really had a problem, but like I said I only shot maybe 5 rounds threw it. Should I worry about shooting it???? if the things gonna blow up in my hands I would rather get rid of it.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #43

Wow this is an old thread.

Might as well updated it...

I bought the gun, my step-father assembled it for me. All of the parts were there, and it benchtested just fine.

I never got the chance to go out and shoot it, so I sold it to a friend for what I paid for it.

He shot it several times, and has never had an issue with it.

Despite all the negativity against Jennings, it turned out to be a decent little gun.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #44

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It did huh? Because your friend shot it once..... Boy, I'm sold!!!

Jennings are junk dude.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #45

Perhaps you missed where I said, "several times."

Reading thoroughly will render you to not be so ignorant.

Enough bashing.

Just because MOST of Jennings are crap, doesn't mean they all are.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

No, they're all crap. Your friends is crap, everyones Jennings is crap, crap, crap....crap.
I'm not ignorant. I was raised by a gunaholic and i know what is good and what isn't.
By once, I meant one range trip. You said he shot is several times, did you mean more than one range trip? How many? How many rounds did he go through each time? All together? No issues? None?
You don't know do you. You also don't know if there were issues because you weren't there.
It's a well known fact that jennings are junk guns, and for good reason.How many are good, and by good I mean, no jams, shoots where you point it, doesn't go to pieces when you pull the trigger, feeds hollow points, etc...
They are cheap, pot metal crap and that's that.
Your friends Jennings will be history long before any xd, glock, CZ, Ruger, etc that you should have bought!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
No, they're all crap. Your friends is crap, everyones Jennings is crap, crap, crap....crap.
I'm not ignorant. I was raised by a gunaholic and i know what is good and what isn't.
By once, I meant one range trip. You said he shot is several times, did you mean more than one range trip? How many? How many rounds did he go through each time? All together? No issues? None?
You don't know do you. You also don't know if there were issues because you weren't there.
It's a well known fact that jennings are junk guns, and for good reason.How many are good, and by good I mean, no jams, shoots where you point it, doesn't go to pieces when you pull the trigger, feeds hollow points, etc...
They are cheap, pot metal crap and that's that.
Your friends Jennings will be history long before any xd, glock, CZ, Ruger, etc that you should have bought!
1. I don't know.
2. Refer to #1.
3. Refer to #1.
4. Refer to #1.
5. Not that I know of.
6. Refer to #5.
You're right, I wasn't there. It was a cheap gun that functioned. That's all I know. Why are you so offended?

He was shooting round nose ammo. I don't know what brand. I doubt it would feed a whole mag of hollow points, honestly.

Last edited by Iam99x; 07-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #48

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not offended. I'm confused. Two years ago you asked about a $50 pos Jennings 9mm that was in pieces. You were advised strongly against it and came back with, " I got it anyway". I don't get that, but whatever.
You never shot it, but now you claim it is good to go because your friend shot it. You are the one offended because I and many, many others who actually know guns KNOW it's very risky to even shoot that pos. I dunno.....
That's just that man!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #49

You're right. I had my mind made up about purchasing it. I claimed that it has worked for him--you're right about that, too. Everyone said it was junk, right.

Now that you have stated the obvious, why are you upset that the gun has worked for him so far?

I don't see at all how you think I am offended. Actually, I'm quite humored that you are so worried about it. I think you are causing yourself this confusion...

Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Because people will research getting a handgun with little or no experience. They will find this thread and you advocating for a pos that at best, won't work, at worst, get them injured or worse, not work when they really need it to. That's why.