Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Jennings 9mm? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/jennings-9mm-9913/)

Iam99x 01-13-2009 07:50 AM

Jennings 9mm?

My girlfriend's uncle is selling me a Jennings 9mm for only $50! It's all in parts, but I have a good friend who can reassemble it for me. I think it's worth it. Anyone ever use a Jennings 9mm?

c3shooter 01-13-2009 08:52 AM

Ahem- not to hurt anybody's feelings, but there are a couple of names that generally go into the "great paperweight" category. Rohm (RG) is one of them. Care to guess the other? :eek:

Iam99x 01-13-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 62109)
Ahem- not to hurt anybody's feelings, but there are a couple of names that generally go into the "great paperweight" category. Rohm (RG) is one of them. Care to guess the other? :eek:

Haha, I see. Would you consider $50 too much?

SGT-MILLER 01-13-2009 12:49 PM

If you're looking for a really inexpensive gun, just save the 50 bucks, add another 50-70 bucks to that and get a Hi-Point with some ammunition.

A Jennings pistol is extremely dangerous. Slides tend to fly off sometimes when it's shot (not a good thing.......nope).

robocop10mm 01-13-2009 01:13 PM

I would not buy a Jennings. He!!, I would not even shoot someone else' Jennings on a bet.

canebrake 01-13-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iam99x (Post 62107)
My girlfriend's uncle is selling me a Jennings 9mm for only $50! It's all in parts, but I have a good friend who can reassemble it for me. I think it's worth it. Anyone ever use a Jennings 9mm?

Why would you want to buy a gun that requires help to assemble?

Why would you even consider buying a gun that's in parts to begin with?
How do you know if it works? Are you going to take the word from a guy that hasn't even put it together for the sale?
Any gun I own can be returned to service in short order, or I would sell it!
Catch my drift?

IMHO Jennings for $50 is a great deal, for the seller!

How great? Google Jennings 9mm and read.

One comment I found,
Jennings 9mm firing instructions:
1. Load and fire gun
2. Disassemble gun to clear jam
3. Repeat #1

AsmelEduardo 01-13-2009 03:48 PM

Jennings are crap...

In that case I do prefer don't have anything! be unarmed... These guns are dangerous in the range... imagine how dangerous would be in a life threatening situation...
Save a little more and buy some other gun... I like the Bersa brand, It's the cheaper gun here in Venezuela and don't are bad at all, don't know the Hi-Point... but Bryco, Jennings and Locrin are the worst piece of crap that ever was sold in Venezuela, along with some crapy .22lr revolvers that came on those days too... they disarm in your hands while you shoot, and some recive the slide in their faces! stay away of those brands.... remeber Bryco, Jennings & Locrin

robocop10mm 01-13-2009 04:12 PM

I bought a gun in pieces once. A Smith and Wesson 1006. I had most of the missing parts already. Even after ordering a couple of parts from S&W, the guns still cost me less than $300.

canebrake 01-13-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 62172)
I bought a gun in pieces once. A Smith and Wesson 1006. I had most of the missing parts already. Even after ordering a couple of parts from S&W, the guns still cost me less than $300.

Yea but it's a S & W and worth the effort.

Stuie 01-13-2009 04:39 PM

From what I have read I am sorta there. My grandfather gave me a Davis Industries P-380. After looking for online on how to disassemble it. I found reviews and horror stories. I am afraid to even fire it now.