Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Iron Sight S&W M&P9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Iron Sight S&W M&P9mm

I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P9mm Pro. I love the feel of the gun, the way it shoots, the trigger but I just can't hit anything. I am having a terrible time sighting it in. I must say that my eyes aren't the best anymore but I keep shooting low, way low. I shot over 100 rounds trying to get used to the sights but I just have trouble. Yes, I did sand bag it and it seems to be right on but in my hand, I keep shooting low. Any suggestions from anyone that may have had the same problem but got it figured out?

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy22 View Post
I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P9mm Pro. I love the feel of the gun, the way it shoots, the trigger but I just can't hit anything. I am having a terrible time sighting it in. I must say that my eyes aren't the best anymore but I keep shooting low, way low. I shot over 100 rounds trying to get used to the sights but I just have trouble. Yes, I did sand bag it and it seems to be right on but in my hand, I keep shooting low. Any suggestions from anyone that may have had the same problem but got it figured out?

Thanks!
How far are your targets? How's your grip, stance, etc..?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd say this target may help, but then you said you were shooting WAY LOW.

How low is way low, and at what distance? You may just be pushing down in anticipation of the recoil. At least that's my first thought without knowing your shooting experience.

diagn_right.jpg  

Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How low? Is low center/left/right? Is it a low grouping or random low? What distance are you shoot? Slow fire or rapid fire? The more details the better the input will be.

Something to try with your M&P is change the palm swell/back strap. While one may feel better than the another you may find you shoot better with a larger or smaller palm swell.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #5

Default Shooting low....

Thanks for the replies. I seem to be shooting low between 4:00 & 8:00 but constantly low. As for my expierence, I recently started shooting hand guns and shoot mostly a .22 Ruger Matk III Hunter. I do well with it but I am using a holographic sight because I struggle seeing well enough with iron sights at 50' Shooting it very well at that distance but with my S&W 9mm I am shooting at aprox. 20 feet. When I bring it closer than 20' I don't seem to do much better, still low. I plan to shoot this weekend and blow through plenty of ammo, I will pay attention to what I am doing and post again.Thanks for the help!