Info for Cheap Pistols To Purchase - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Info for Cheap Pistols To Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
This thread is for the people on this forum that may not have hardly any money to spare for buying a pistol. A growing number of people these days cannot save enough money to purchase a nice, main-stream weapon like the Glock, Ruger, Kimber, Beretta, Smith and Wesson, etc., you will see on the market.

I am in no way saying these pistols are anywhere near top of the line, but I am just providing a reference for someone to use to try and research cheaper firearms if they are in a bad financial situation. Pretty much all of these firearms you will see are under 200 dollars.

In the world of defense, it's better to have something than nothing.

Please no flaming, and keep all posts related to the topic and informative/helpful to people who may need help with purchasing a cheap firearm.

Cobra Industries .380 caliber ($125.00 - $150.00)

Jimenez .380 Caliber ($100.00 - $130.00)

Jennings/Bryco .380 Caliber ($100.00-$150.00)

Hi-Point .380 Caliber ($90.00-$120.00)

Keep in mind that prices will vary depending on your specific area. I just used the caliber .380 as a basic reference. Most of these pistols may be purchased in different calibers ranging from .22 Long Rifle up to 9mm Luger.

Remember, the quality of these pistols vary. These pistols are not meant to be shot excessively. They are meant for very basic personal defense against harm.
Some of the pistols on that list really scare me. I would not shoot any of them. The Jennings Bryco Jimenez have been known to blow apart in your hand. They are also known as Jam O Matics. You can find great used pistols in that price range. If the police offer to buy back hand gun for $100 I would not hesitate to bring a Jennings Bryco Jimenez to them. Please do your self a favor get a reliable firearm and not risk your hand or eyesight.
“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #62

These cost a little more but are durable always reliable weapons

S&W 469 ~200-300 carried as duty weapons int he 80's and early 90's,compact,12rds/15rds, and they look great.

Tokarev round is pretty potent but a little hot for CCW

Arcus 98dac ~300 bulgarian and carried by law enforcement in alot of countries. 12/15rds compact and full size model. J&G had them but now they may be hard to find.

Cheaper milsurp guns are getting hard to find and its hard to find a deal like 5 years ago.. I remember star bm 9mm for 130 was the deal in 2005..

Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #63

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post

It looks creepy to see the dent on the primer, but you've got to whack them a lot harder than they're getting tapped in the extraction process to get them to go off.
Every live round extracted from my saiga ak has a dent in the primer, as the firing pin is free floating and makes a small mark when the carrier slams forward.

It really bugged me at first, but I got used to it, and made sure it was always pointed in a safe direction when I rack the first round in.

For cheap, hi point is a good thing. For around twice the price (still only 300), you can get a new or lightly used ruger p series, which are solid dependable guns (and not nearly as ugly). Layaway could be a key thing in someones search, most gun stores will give you a couple to a few months to pay something off.

My first two handguns were under 400dollars and I had to use gunstore layaway for both ( ruger p95 and sr9c), when I could have bought a hi point right away.

I wouldnt hesitate buying a foriegn 9mm makarov 9x18, or 7.62 tokerev also. If foreign police and military use them, they cant be that bad.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #64

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

carpenter, Ive seen these s&w's in my local store. They were around 260 and looked good. If I needed one at that time, I would have bought it. Thats a good deal.