Info for Cheap Pistols To Purchase - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Info for Cheap Pistols To Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

From my experience the best pistols that most of my gun buddies carry are the CZ-82 or he Markorav.

And the CZ-82 is a really accurate mother buzzard.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #42

Hey all.

I am back to give a report regarding my recent Hi-Point 9mm C-9. I was excited to finally get it here after 2 weeks of waiting patiently. I took it out for its initial test to see how she did. I was VERY disappointed with the initial results.

I have read several articles/posts/threads/ect... where everyone is raving about the reliability of their Hi-Points. I did not experience any such luck. The gun was jamming all day and the magazine kept sliding out while I was shooting it!!! I put about 250 rounds through it that day and maybe had two or three 8 round magazines feed correctly and without issue. I was using Remington, Mag Tech, and Winchester ammo to mix it up a bit. The gun did not seem to favor any of them and shooting it was an exercise in frustration to say the least.

After this I decided to call them and complain. The lady on the phone was not rude but also not the nicest lady I have ever spoken to. Anyway, after she gets done verbally bashing Winchester ammunition she proceeds to tell me that it sounds like the magazine catch is the problem and that I should be receiving the new parts in the mail shortly, and when I do just call back and they will connect me to a tech to walk me though the simple process of fixing my own gun myself.

The parts arrived a few days later and I decided to try to fix my pistol. I took it apart (removed the grips) and decided that I had better call the tech support and have them walk me through the process. I call them up and get another not-so-friendly representative (not rude, just not very "customer service" oriented) I then explain to her my situation and she transferred my call.

I get on the phone with the tech guy and start telling him about my experiences with the Hi-Point pistol thus far. He also begins bashing Winchester ammunition with a passion. After that I ask him to explain to me how to put my pistol back together. He was definitely what I would consider rude, unhelpful, and NOT the kind of person I was hoping to get on the phone. He starts telling me how to put the gun back together in a rather annoyed sounding tone. As if I work at the factory and should already know how to do it. Then about half way through the process (after I had already put the right grip back on) I ask about a piece that was still laying there. He then sounds even MORE pissed and proceeds to tell me that it goes on UNDER the right grip!!!! He forgot to even mention it!!!!

So most of this phone call (to a NON toll free number) was me trying to figure out this re-assembly while he is on the other end just sounding pissed that he has to be at work.

After following the "instructions" I got off the line and finished up the other side. To my dismay, it was still NOT working properly. The magazine would slide in and out without locking in place. I call back a THIRD time and ask for the tech guy again. I explain to him the situation and he tells me the same (incorrect) instructions as the last guy.

Finally I had enough and decided to go back to the gun shop where I had purchased the pistol as the owner is super cool and I figured he would lend me a hand.

I went there and he asked me to give him all of the pieces and show him what I had done (take it apart and put it back together as I was instructed by the tech guys)

I did and he starts looking at it and seeing if he can figure out the problem. Well he does and shows me the issue. It was a little bent wire with a hook deal on the end. It needed to be anchored into a hole on TOP of another part they had sent me. (both tech guys said UNDER that part)

I finally get it back together and the magazine is now firmly locking into place. I am thinking I am now good to go. I once again grab the 3 different types of 9mm ammo available and head for the range.

I again ran about 250 rounds through the gun. Once again my gun was jamming like Aerosmith during the 70's. This time, however, I was having a LITTLE better luck with proper feeding and actually had about 5 or 6 magazines in a row feed properly. All of them loaded with one brand of ammo, then the next, then the next.......but still though.....the rate of issues and jamming is still WAY too high to make me consider this a reliable pistol for ANY purpose. Their customer service and tech people are NOT very friendly, NOT very helpful, and I can NOT recommend a Hi-Point to anybody.

Sorry for the extremely long post and rant. I am just not very happy at all and wanted to explain my story to some people who actually have an interest in what I have to say.. Thank you all for reading and good luck with your purchases. I also want to add that this was my first pistol (and second gun) purchase ever.

Disappointing to say the least...

Last edited by painted_klown; 12-18-2008 at 02:05 AM.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #43

Default cheap pistols

thanks for the good info on cheap pistols sarge. i have quality pistols made by colt/ruger/smith that i can shoot over and over for proficiency. these pistols hovever are too bulky for hot summer fl attire of t-shirt, surf shorts, and flip flops. a cheap pocket pistol that will hold up after maybe 25 rounds of familurization, then maybe someday save my life is sufficient. i have no need to fire this pocket gun frequently. my situation may not apply to others, as each weapon/person/and situation is different. i've noted your suggestions and will investigate. thanks, jeff.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #44

Default beretta .25

sarge, a buddy has a beretta .25 that he claims is not reliable. have you owned or shot one? i have read some of your posts about pocket guns, and i'm in the market for one. thanks for your opinion. jeff.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #45

I was looking for a inexpensive pistol, not a cheap one, and I came across my new found friend, my P11 from kel-tec. When I first purchased it I paid $250 for it new, now if you go and buy one it will run you around $350+ all your taxes. Now I havn't heard too many people mention these, but I am a fan. I would recommend the PF-3 or the P-11. The PF-3 is slimmer and has a more combat weapon feel. Very sweet. But I like my P-11.

Not flaming about the cheap, just learned along the way not to buy cheap they fall apart.
mine-.jpg  

Last edited by p11shooter; 07-04-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: wanted to correct myself

Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #46

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Good luck with my Beretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffware View Post
sarge, a buddy has a beretta .25 that he claims is not reliable. have you owned or shot one? i have read some of your posts about pocket guns, and i'm in the market for one. thanks for your opinion. jeff.
No flame, or anything else negative here, jeff. I have had good service with my Beretta 3032 TomCat. 4-500 rounds-very rarely FTF/FTE-fits in my back pocket, ands rides with me 24/7 outside the house. NOT a Rino killer by any means, but stuck in someones ear, would definitely change their attitude. I keep Federal Hydra Shocks (60gr. I think) in it, and I feel I have my a@@ covered when a larger weapon is not practical.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by p11shooter View Post
I was looking for a inexpensive pistol, not a cheap one, and I came across my new found friend, my P11 from kel-tec. When I first purchased it I paid $250 for it new, now if you go and buy one it will run you around $350+ all your taxes. Now I havn't heard too many people mention these, but I am a fan. I would recommend the PF-3 or the P-11. The PF-3 is slimmer and has a more combat weapon feel. Very sweet. But I like my P-11.

Not flaming about the cheap, just learned along the way not to buy cheap they fall apart.
Kel-Tec make good pistols. I have PF-9 and my wife carries a P32. When I got my PF-9 I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say , its reliable and the more I shoot it the more I like and the better it gets. They don't make a PF-3.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #48

Bersa Thunders.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
This thread is for the people on this forum that may not have hardly any money to spare for buying a pistol. A growing number of people these days cannot save enough money to purchase a nice, main-stream weapon like the Glock, Ruger, Kimber, Beretta, Smith and Wesson, etc., you will see on the market.

I am in no way saying these pistols are anywhere near top of the line, but I am just providing a reference for someone to use to try and research cheaper firearms if they are in a bad financial situation. Pretty much all of these firearms you will see are under 200 dollars.

In the world of defense, it's better to have something than nothing.

Please no flaming, and keep all posts related to the topic and informative/helpful to people who may need help with purchasing a cheap firearm.

Cobra Industries .380 caliber ($125.00 - $150.00)
Info for Cheap Pistols To Purchase - General Handgun Discussion

Jimenez .380 Caliber ($100.00 - $130.00)

Jennings/Bryco .380 Caliber ($100.00-$150.00)

Hi-Point .380 Caliber ($90.00-$120.00)

Keep in mind that prices will vary depending on your specific area. I just used the caliber .380 as a basic reference. Most of these pistols may be purchased in different calibers ranging from .22 Long Rifle up to 9mm Luger.

Remember, the quality of these pistols vary. These pistols are not meant to be shot excessively. They are meant for very basic personal defense against harm.
hey i need to know how much u will sell a 9mm luger for?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
hey i need to know how much u will sell a 9mm luger for?
These posts are firearms you can GO GET, not that are for sale by members.