Impulse buy... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Impulse buy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1103 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

I think some of you might find this video interesting. They say that the Taurus Judge was originally for self defence in the vehicle!

Judge and self defence!
“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun
Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I can say confidently that the Judge is much more than a "snake gun". But I really don't know a great application for it, so I would shoot it as my novelty plinker and leave the SD to my "other" weapons. It's now officially my wif'e's gun and she keeps it by the bed.
This is more or less how I feel about it. It won't work better than my other guns for home defense or carry, but it still looks like a fun gun to own. I've got my basic handgun needs covered, so I guess there's no harm in owning a novelty weapon just for kicks.

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I think some of you might find this video interesting. They say that the Taurus Judge was originally for self defence in the vehicle!

Judge and self defence!
I've seen similar videos, and the problem is they test the spread pattern but not penetration, which I think is the main problem with .410 shells out of this type of gun.

Here's an article from the folks at The Box O'Truth about the judge.
The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

For use against humans, I'd be inclined to go with .45 colt, but then I could just pick up my S&W 686 with 6 shots of .357 magnum and do a better job. And if I wanted a 5 shot revolver for SD, a S&W J frame or Ruger SP101 would be much easier to carry.

I'm happy with my purchase because I wasn't looking for this gun to fulfill any type of role other than being a fun plinker to try out with friends. Plus I wanted to get some first hand experience with Taurus revolvers.

I still think it might be an interesting trail gun. I'll try it out in the summer.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:04 AM   #13
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

IMO it's a good add and one that is on my list. Not an everyday pistol but one that has a use and not all that common. A fun/nice add to collection the only Taurus on my buy list.

Enjoy and let me know what you think of it when you get it.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #14
Default Rabbit hunt?

Some guys use them to rabbit hunt with, lol. They also are buying the single shot Super Comanche that, like the Judge, shoots the 410 shell or the .45 cal.

Newest Threads