Impulse buy...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Impulse buy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Impulse buy...

I don't know why, but I just purchased a Taurus Judge (stainless with a 4" barrel). I can't imagine what I'll use it for, but it just seemed like a fun gun to own. Plus I've been hearing a lot of good things about Taurus wheelguns and wanted to try one out.

(Not my gun in the pic)

The paperwork on this one is going to take a long while, since the nice blokes at the federal gun registry have no idea in which category to file it. Luckily, a friend of mine works at the shop I got it from and he can take it to the range so I can try it out. I just can't take it home.

I figured it might make a good weapon for my long horse back trips in the mountains. I'll keep it loaded with .45LC for two legged critters, and I'll have a few .410 shotshells for emergency food procurement. Honestly, it's main use is going to be playing around with different loads and shooting up random stuff.

Does anybody know if there are any speed loaders available for this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #2

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

The link for one of their speedloaders is below. Also, Federal makes a special .410 round for the Judge! That link is also below!

Taurus Judge Speed Loader!

Federal Ammo for Taurus Judge!

Hope this helps!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

They say it's a great gun for snake killing.
And they taste like chicken.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
They say it's a great gun for snake killing.
And they taste like chicken.
It is and it does, and I can personally attest to that. Congrats on the Judge Francis.

Jack.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They're PERFECT for killing poisonous snakes at close range. Only bad thing is they're so bulky, it's hard to find holsters locally-you usually have to order them.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
They're PERFECT for killing poisonous snakes at close range. Only bad thing is they're so bulky, it's hard to find holsters locally-you usually have to order them.
I do a little leather working as a hobby, mostly saddles and horse gear. A holster for the judge might be a fun little project (I've never made a holster before).

Thanks for the links BigByrd!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations. I find them interesting, but I keep hearing mixed reviews. Please post a range report when you can.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I only see them as a snake gun. I was interested when I first heard about them but not so much anymore. That being said, I would like to shoot one for a little while, I think you could have some fun with them.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #9

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Found this link earlier when I was looking for the Speed Loader.

Leather Belt Holster for 4" Taurus Judge!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've had my Taurus Judge for about 2 years now. It's different. When I first got it, I shot it a lot. It's fun to shoot. I probably put 1000 rounds of .410's through it, and another 1000 rounds of 45 Colts.

The Judge isn't my first choice for SD, but it does go bang every time. I keep a .357 Magnum on my side of the bed and a Ruger LCR (or my Ultra-Lite M85UL Taurus) in my pocket.

I can say confidently that the Judge is much more than a "snake gun". But I really don't know a great application for it, so I would shoot it as my novelty plinker and leave the SD to my "other" weapons. It's now officially my wif'e's gun and she keeps it by the bed.

4510.jpg