im haveing a child soon questions - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > im haveing a child soon questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
My gf is pregnant with our 1st child and my question is at what age can i start teching them how to handle/shoot a firearm and what caliber should i start with. Should i get them there own firearm and is it a responsible thing to do teaching them at a young age. I dont want them to think its a toy
First things first, get married, get a job, setlle down, buy a home. Then ask your self do I want this or do I need this...... If you say want, go back to the first three that I mentioned.....Good luck in your future, I hope it works out......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #32

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
My gf is pregnant with our 1st child and my question is at what age can i start teching them how to handle/shoot a firearm and what caliber should i start with. Should i get them there own firearm and is it a responsible thing to do teaching them at a young age. I dont want them to think its a toy
Congratulation US

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd say the first order of business is to ensure your rights to the child you've fathered by making an honest woman of his/her mother.

Kids need fathers, not baby daddies.

You've got 6 or 7 years to think about introducing them to guns.

Tack

Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig
Man noone tella ya how crazy a women gets while pregnant. Its driving me crazy
if we told you we would have ruined your fun

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 07-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #34
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Man noone tella ya how crazy a women gets while pregnant. Its driving me crazy
As a woman who has had 3 kids...........yeah, sorry, we do get a little wacky while pregnant and shortly thereafter for a while. Be patient and tolerant of her. Being pregnant is an enormous responsibility and the thoughts that you are growing another human being that you will have to raise for the rest of your life is overwhelming at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
First things first, get married, get a job, setlle down, buy a home. Then ask your self do I want this or do I need this...... If you say want, go back to the first three that I mentioned.....Good luck in your future, I hope it works out......
I agree with Wills. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" but I don't understand why a couple who is serious enough to have a baby don't get married first. My kids scold me all the time for that point of view. Maybe some of your fiancee's "craziness" has to do with her insecurity of not knowing whether you're going to stay committed to her or not. If she is your "finacee" why not get married..........preferably before having children.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #35

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

As a woman who has had 3 kids...........yeah, sorry, we do get a little wacky while pregnant and shortly thereafter for a while. Be patient and tolerant of her. Being pregnant is an enormous responsibility and the thoughts that you are growing another human being that you will have to raise for the rest of your life is overwhelming at times.

I agree with Wills. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" but I don't understand why a couple who is serious enough to have a baby don't get married first. My kids scold me all the time for that point of view. Maybe some of your fiancee's "craziness" has to do with her insecurity of not knowing whether you're going to stay committed to her or not. If she is your "finacee" why not get married..........preferably before having children.
I want to but she is expecting a 5 k ring and im worried bout paying bills. She's very materilistic

Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
I want to but she is expecting a 5 k ring and im worried bout paying bills. She's very materilistic
Sorry, but you're screwed. Because you are now stuck with her for the rest of your child's life whether you want to stay with her or not. In my opinion, having a child with her at this point was a very bad move. Sorry to be so blunt.

On the other hand.........children are awesome.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

you might be surprised if you bring everything you have with it deeply heart felt how less will trump more

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Material girl....

Quote:
Well your f$$ked, Just sit down with her and ask her do you want the ring or need the ring.....If she says want, to every thing you ask her tell her to hit the road. Take all this advice from those that have been there. Its less costly to learn from other peoples mistakes.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum

Well your f$$ked, Just sit down with her and ask her do you want the ring or need the ring.....If she says want, to every thing you ask her tell her to hit the road. Take all this advice from those that have been there. Its less costly to learn from other peoples mistakes.......
I agree. If she cares more about a fancy ring than being able to provide for your child and paying the bills, that's not good.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #40

Liked 1134 Times on 821 Posts
Likes Given: 584

When I picked out my wifes ring , i went to one of my customers who owns some jewlrey stores . I only paid about 300.00 and swapped the rest for boat work about another 200 . AND i proposed on christmas morning so it doubled as a christmas present LMAO !
But i could have gotten her just one ring but i felt the two ring combo was a better deal plus I could just giver her one for engagement and the other for a wedding band
So happy my wife is no high strung like that . Hope yours wakes up after that baby gets here
Kids have a way changing the way you think quite a bit after they are born

she went to K-mart to get mine , size 18 tungsten , like 70 bucks ? MAYBE ..
Im not so worried about the guns around my kids as much as i am my 37mm and my son . HE LOVES THAT THING more so than his pillow pal bird if it wernt so heavy and sharp id let him play with it .

What do you guys think about letting them have a old junker revolver or somthing ? Maybe an old owl head iver johnson , one that cant or will never fire again ? I think it would be better than some cheap lead and arsenic tainted made in china plastic gun

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.