Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I'm a handgunner........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19821 Times on 11254 Posts
Likes Given: 49956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I shoot damned near anything I can get my hands on, so perhaps my perspective is a bit skewed. I approach everything with the attitude of "How do I shoot this thing correctly?", and this helps I suspect in learning how to do so. I have heard that there have been cases where a prosecutor has secured a conviction based on the type of handgun but I honestly feel that I would rather be alive and in jail having successfully defended my life or those of loved ones with whatever means necessary regardless than to be dead. Besides, when you make references like that it would be extremely helpful if you included a direct link to the case or cases that you are referencing. Otherwise it is just something I read on the internet, not necessarily true.

Any gun I would use in a defensive situation would be in full battery with the safety off regardless of the specific design. Screw the prosecutor.

As to shooting fast and accurately , take a look at Gary Miculek, 12 shots on target with a double action S&W revolver in under 4 seconds. Don't sell yourself short, you can learn to shoot well too (maybe not as well as Miculek, but better than you are now!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
well said Viking! well said. comes back to what my father use to say, " better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six"

correction: it's Jerry. and look up Ed McGivern. one hell of a shooter of revolvers. even faster than Jerry Miculek on many things.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

I am what you would call one of the younger shooters, and although I own several Semi-autos, I prefer my Revolvers. This black one is my very first hang gun. It is a Colt peacekeeper in 357. I have shot this probably one more than all my other guns put together.
The other one is my Smith and wesson in 686 in 357. I use this to carry openly when hiking and snowshoeing in the winter.

And this one I bought for deer hunting. But now use it for back packing here in Alaska. Its my Smith and Wesson in 629 44 magnum.