Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I'm a handgunner........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I think revolvers look better than semi's but have sadly only shot semi's. As to rifles I like manual actions better, makes me concentrate more on each shot. And I'm only 17, bring it on tactical snobs!

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #12

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Im a rifle person, just because all the handguns I want are so expensive...

Military 1911's are insanely priced... Seen a .357 Mateba the other day, but it was $1300, If I woulda had the money

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Years back I had access to my Brothers Colt Python - everyone who shot it, loved it - me included. Now they are ridiculously expensive.

While high mag cap is a lot of fun to shoot - it doesn't mean much if you can't hit anything though. A bud prefers revolvers simply because he can hit things w them. (late 40s)

SW 686 or larger N frame 627 w 6" barrel is more affordable but needs the services of talented gunsmith to even approach the smoothness of a Python.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #14

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

My next gun is going to be a Ruger GP100, but for now I have autos. I like shooting anything, there's nothing I dislike about guns!

Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7656 Times on 4417 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

I'm anti-anti's. I figure if someone is anti anything its their loss. Oh, and its not an age thing. I have two teenage sons and they love anything that goes "BANG"! If it is something they haven't fired before then so much the better (well, maybe excepting the Casull).

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19511 Times on 11076 Posts
Likes Given: 49133

Bob, you're definately not by yourself in your opinion. many of us grew up starting with shooting revolvers, and as we go older, migrated to semi-auto pistols. though i own more semi-auto pistols than revolvers, i still enjoy shooting them. i can pick up a Colt SAA or copy of one, and remember watching John Wayne or Roy Rogers in western movies. and who can forget Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry, with that huge Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #17

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

I'm with Vikingdads sons if it goes bang I'll shoot it. Gunning is a lifestyle and there's always someone trying to make a click within a lifestyle

Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #18

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I'm just anti anti gunners-
My motto----
If it's got a cork i'll drink it - If it's got a trigger i'll shoot it - If it's got hair i'll ride it - If it's got a tune i'll dance to it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #19

Liked 59 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I'm just anti anti gunners-
My motto----
If it's got a cork i'll drink it - If it's got a trigger i'll shoot it - If it's got hair i'll ride it - If it's got a tune i'll dance to it
Hey Hoss,
What if it has a skirt?????
Hahahahahaha

Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #20

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

First firearm I ever shot was a revolver, stubby 357, have shot a 44mag a few times since, don't like them at all.

I hate their awkward handle angles. Have always hated their aesthetics, very unapealling to me. A single action revolver requires WAY more work to shoot than a single action semi-automatic.

I collect guns not just for personal protection, but, and moreso, for the fun of shooting. Revolvers are not an ounce of fun to shoot, for me, thus I am anti-revolver, as a personal choice.

This doesn't mean that I turn my nose up at those that do enjoy them, its a personal preference thing. I understand that they tend to be more reliable because of some of the same things that make them less interesting to me. I recognize their validity and worth in personal protection. But none of this changes my experience with them, nor what it is I'm looking for when I want a gun.

Hope this helps clarify what was meant.