Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > ID 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ID 9mm

Anybody want to take a shot at this? I'm a writer who knows nothing about guns. This is from a source:

"It was a 9mm, with the clip that fit into the stock. It was all silver but it had a stripe along the barrel that was gold. It had little openings -- little rectangles along the barrel -- that were open. Like five of them. Almost like little dashes."

Can anyone identify this weapon?

Thanks much.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

Sounds Fictitious, besides it would probably be a Magazine that went into the stock. I'll play and say a Finnish Soumi M31.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 AM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnobob View Post
Anybody want to take a shot at this? I'm a writer who knows nothing about guns. This is from a source:

"It was a 9mm, with the clip that fit into the stock. It was all silver but it had a stripe along the barrel that was gold. It had little openings -- little rectangles along the barrel -- that were open. Like five of them. Almost like little dashes."

Can anyone identify this weapon?

Thanks much.

Sorry but the description is just too vague to really identify if it is a real weapon or one designed with literary license.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:54 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

What kind of crap are you reading? One of my pet peeves is writers who add firearm detail and get it wrong. Another is writers who know too much about guns and spend paragraphs retailing the wonders of the Detonics Combat Master and have no substance to the story. -grumpy old fart

Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 1904 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
What kind of crap are you reading? One of my pet peeves is writers who add firearm detail and get it wrong. Another is writers who know too much about guns and spend paragraphs retailing the wonders of the Detonics Combat Master and have no substance to the story. -grumpy old fart
Geez, cut the guy some slack.

Is there context to the description? "clip that fit into the stock" sounds like a submachinegun... but silver???

Old 05-18-2010, 03:31 AM   #6

Sounds like one of those blinged out guns that were consficated from a Mexican drug cartels house. Someone had posted a link with pics somewhere else on this site, I don't remember the topic.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #7

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 141

We talking Mack Bolan here?

Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
We talking Mack Bolan here?

There is no stock or Clip on that gun.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 AM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Very true. Given the writing from the source I was thinking maybe the author wasn't clear at to "stock" and "clip". The rectangles of the ported barrel took me back on a nostalgia trip lol.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #10

Default 9mm ID Update

This is a nonfiction book. The gun described was leveled at the person describing it, although they're not overly familiar with firearms. Most of the confusion in the thread comes from me, since I don't know guns at all. They called it a clip, but they could mean magazine -- I don't know the difference. The gun was silver-colored, with a gold-colored stripe down the side. I was hoping the indentations would make it readily identifiable to people who knew more about the subject than I do. Thanks.