I want a Mark III..... - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I want a Mark III.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

*confession time*

When Jon posted up the model and the price I PM'd him saying I would take it if Winds did not.

To his word, and his reputation that has been proven here, he did not try to sell me the pistol first, did not try to back out of the deal he offered and made it perfectly clear that Winds had first choice. *respect*

I wanted to pick it up for my girl, who loves to shoot .22's and this would have been a great new toy.

Winds, you have made a great purchase and I know that you will be very happy with it. I look greatly forward to seeing your soon to be posted Range Report(s).

Congratulations on your soon to be new toy Lady.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #72
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
*confession time*

When Jon posted up the model and the price I PM'd him saying I would take it if Winds did not.

To his word, and his reputation that has been proven here, he did not try to sell me the pistol first, did not try to back out of the deal he offered and made it perfectly clear that Winds had first choice. *respect*

I wanted to pick it up for my girl, who loves to shoot .22's and this would have been a great new toy.

Winds, you have made a great purchase and I know that you will be very happy with it. I look greatly forward to seeing your soon to be posted Range Report(s).

No need for confession. You said "I would take it if Winds did not." You did not say renege on your deal with Winds and sell it to me. I trusted Jon enough to buy a gun from him that I have never shot as he has been a longstanding member here and I knew he would not sully his reputation and name by cheating me. I had no idea what a good deal Jon was giving me until I received numerous PM's telling me he is basically GIVING this gun to me and to take the deal. Also, I had several offers of "If you don't like it I'll buy it off you."

Let me say, I am excited to be able to have a second gun. I was always jealous of all the guns you all own. I can't think of anyone else here who only owns one gun. Well, now I have two and already have a hankering for a .357 or .38 snubbie of some sort. Maybe an LCR? Who knows? Stand back, guys, a monster has been created March, 2010 in California when someone took me to a shooting range and put an Uzi and an SKS in my hands.

I'm also happy to have a .22 as it just makes more sense to shoot that gun for fun. I really like the kick of my GP100 but it kills me how much I have to spend on ammo to shoot the heck out of it. I know have two guns...........one for business, one for pleasure.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #73

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

And you made a great choice, enjoy and shoot the heck out of her!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #74
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Just don't go on any FTF chartered boating trips.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #75
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Just don't go on any FTF chartered boating trips.
So I've heard..............

Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #76
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5672 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
*confession time*

either way it woulda gone to a great home

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #77
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Default Woot!!!

Jon and I are going shooting at an outdoor range on Saturday July 23rd. I might even let him shoot his old gun. I can't wait to have some fun and do some learning.