I want a Mark III..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I want a Mark III.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7031 Times on 4232 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Have you shot the Mark III before? If so, try one for a while. I get gas blowback from them and have been hit in the eye more than once while shooting them. It burns. That said, they are very reliable and most people don't seem to have the issue and if you use glasses like I should, you would have no issues.

Oh and if you don't buy that one from JonM, I might just because that's an awesome deal for that gun.
I just might want Jon's gun. I'm consulting my go to gun guy. If I bought Jon's gun then I'd have enough for a scope, too.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5516 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

dug it out of the back of the safe took some quick pics its got the black aluminum grips on atm

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its got a cheap red dot scope with more parralax than mr magoo the previous owner put on it. i think it is a 2$ walmart scope. i got tighter groups with my eyes closed than using the scope it came with lol. but it goes with the gun.

and yes the mainspring housing isnt currently in it atm of the pics.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Jump on that from Jon before I do! That's a great deal!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Jon, consider that gun sold to WoC. Is there any problem me buying it from you in Wisconsin and me living in Illinois? I'll pm you my phone number and we can make arrangements for me to come pick it up.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

illinois is strange with handgun regs may have to go thru a ill ffl but im not certain ill consult the google oracle right quick

illinois state police:

Quote:
Illinois law requires withholding the delivery of a concealable weapon (i.e. a handgun) for at least 72 hours and a rifle, shotgun, or other long gun for at least 24 hours. This applies for gun dealers and private sales.
yeah we gotta involve a ffl in your state. i gotta give it to them then they give it to you after the paperwork and waiting period. so it would be 250+ your xfer fee i know there is one just a hair on the illinois side on sheridan road just south of kenosha with indoor range. or any ffl of your choosing as you gotta deal with the illinois BS

so if you want to run some rounds through it first im willing to meet up just about any fri-sun

Last edited by JonM; 07-08-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #17
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Also, I wonder what I have to do after I buy it. Do I have to 'register' it anywhere here in Illinois. The first gun I bought was from a gun shop in Illinois and they did the paperwork. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #18

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
illinois is strange with handgun regs may have to go thru a ill ffl but im not certain ill consult the google oracle right quick
save you the trip...it's a federal law, FFL required for interstate gun sales.

WOC...if Jon ships it to the same gun shop they will do all the required paperwork for you, for a fee.

http://chris.cc/interstate.htm

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 07-08-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

from what i understand i can just drop it off at her ffl save some shipping costs. we dont live that far away and i drive the trans am for fun on weekends

you will have to go through the paperwork foid stuff and waiting period just like you did for your revolver. if you were in wis it wouldnt be an issue heh

Last edited by JonM; 07-08-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:52 AM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I'll call the gun shop tomorrow. It's one near Rockford, Illinois called "The Bullet Stop". Bullet Stop Gun Shop - 815-654-7550 - Illinois store Home That would be the most convenient for me. The one your talking about, Jon, I believe is in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois. We could do it either way. Is it a pain to ship it to the Rockford area?