Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I think I'm in love!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have one CZ, a P40 ""Frankengun" as they were sometimes referred to. I picked mine up a few years ago for well under $400.00. My understanding is they were frames from one model and a slide from another. It also has a rail for "goodies" if you're into that stuff. Not that it matters, as it's a great shooter! I almost bought two at the price I paid and wished I would have. Not sure if you can still get them.

img_4305.jpg  

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The CZ's are excellent handguns, accurate, dependable, just great service/defense weapons. My matte stainless 75B has been perfect since it was purchased late 2006. I bought it used, but I don't think it had 100 rounds through it when I bought it. A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson Pointman Seven, another excellent pistol, he got it not long after CZ acquired Dan Wesson. He was looking for a Bobtail at the time, but the Pointman Seven came along and was priced right so he grabbed it instead. He's been pleased with it and is his carry weapon when he carries one.

As sweeper22 mentioned, the Mec-Gar mags are easy to find and reasonably priced, the 16+1, 17+1 and the 19+1 "Plus-2" mags all fit a function in my 75B. Three of my four handguns are using Mec-Gar mags and none of them have had a problems feeding a cycling. Holster's aren't hard to find for the standard 75B/85 pistols, but some times choice is limited or the price is high. The one pictured below is from Safariland and fits perfectly, models with an accessory rail may be harder to find a holster for. A site called Falco has several holsters for the CZ's in leather and ballistic nylon, including a couple of leather shoulder rigs. He also sells his stuff on e-Bay.

I've read that 1911 holsters will fit the 75B's, but not the few I've bought for my Para. They're not shaped right in the trigger guard area, the CZ's trigger guard is rather long compared to the 1911 and it just doesn't fit secure enough for my taste, plus the thumb-breaks didn't t fit or function well either.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
The CZ's are excellent handguns, accurate, dependable, just great service/defense weapons. My matte stainless 75B has been perfect since it was purchased late 2006. I bought it used, but I don't think it had 100 rounds through it when I bought it. A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson Pointman Seven, another excellent pistol, he got it not long after CZ acquired Dan Wesson. He was looking for a Bobtail at the time, but the Pointman Seven came along and was priced right so he grabbed it instead. He's been pleased with it and is his carry weapon when he carries one.

As sweeper22 mentioned, the Mec-Gar mags are easy to find and reasonably priced, the 16+1, 17+1 and the 19+1 "Plus-2" mags all fit a function in my 75B. Three of my four handguns are using Mec-Gar mags and none of them have had a problems feeding a cycling. Holster's aren't hard to find for the standard 75B/85 pistols, but some times choice is limited or the price is high. The one pictured below is from Safariland and fits perfectly, models with an accessory rail may be harder to find a holster for. A site called Falco has several holsters for the CZ's in leather and ballistic nylon, including a couple of leather shoulder rigs. He also sells his stuff on e-Bay.

I've read that 1911 holsters will fit the 75B's, but not the few I've bought for my Para. They're not shaped right in the trigger guard area, the CZ's trigger guard is rather long compared to the 1911 and it just doesn't fit secure enough for my taste, plus the thumb-breaks didn't t fit or function well either.

Stainless CZ75B....GIGGITY

CZ makes very good guns, a 75B is high on my "guns to buy" list.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just love the way they feel in my hand they seem to fit best to my large hands, (size 14 ring finger) the two that I will carry will be CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 40 for the Winter months, and CZ 2075 RAMI for the Summer. I do very much like CZ 75 BD (Big D**K) as the gun salesman said. I am just partial with the 40. The salesman was also trying to get me to look into Wilson Combat, but he didnt have any in stock so I couldnt get a feel for it. I figured that I would ask yall. but like I said before I want two for every day granted the season of coures but any feed back from yall I will take a look at I am good Friends with the owner and he will let me fire what ever I want. Again thank yall so much! Simpleman

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"

Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
A holster made for a glock 21 will work great! I bought a concealable fobus holster for my sp 01 tactical. I also bought some extra mags, not too hard to find those.

I had a cz75b, but the tactical lets me get back on target much easier because it's front heavy. It's a great gun and will be much better with a trigger job from CZ.
You use the Fobus G21 holster for your CZ 75 tactical then? Good to know! I wish someone had told me that years ago.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
CZ 75 mags are affordable enough. I've bought the 16+1 Mec-Gars from Midway for $20-25. That might not be the case with the slightly higher capacity SP-01 mags, however.

Mec-Gar mags are the way to go for many metal framed guns...Sig, Browning, Beretta, CZ, etc. Identical to the factory mags for a fraction of the price.
I'll have to check it out. I think the factory originals are in the neighborhood of $40- $50, but it has been awhile since I last checked.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #17

Liked 2438 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Another vote for the CZ 75.

Labeled by many "the perfect pistol".

Used by more police forces worldwide than any other gun.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #18

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I put in another vote for the CZ. They are awesome guns! But like someone else already pointed out you can't find a holster or spare mags as easily as a these well known gun makers.

On another note, since most of you own a CZ75, I'm looking for an OWB holster.... Any suggestions?

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #19

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Something about most CZs look very Hi Poweresque to me. Neither are for me, but I've heard nothing but the absolute best about the both!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5135 Times on 2927 Posts
Likes Given: 4340

I've handled and fired several CZ75s. I really like them. A few years back I was shopping for a 9mm and I would have bought a CZ75 if I could have had one with decocker only. But all that I could find had manual safeties and that's a deal breaker for me.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.