I think I'm in love!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I think I'm in love!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I think I'm in love!

Well today while getting ammo for
Some rifles I was looking at some hand guns, although I have a para ordnance
1911, Glock 22 .40 cal, and sig mosquito .32 which I
Hate! My attention went towards CZ and I am I'm love they all feel amazing! Is there any CZ that I
Should turn my attention to? Thanks -simpleman

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

im partial to the CZ 97BD and the CZ75

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #3

I own a CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It is an all steel frame vs. the Phantom which has the polymer frame.

It is a shooter and I got it because I love the 1911 style steel frame and the polymer pistol capacity (18 rounds of 9mm). I too feel in love by just holding it. The grip is truly patterned after the Browning Hi-Power which is the only other gun that feels completely made for my hands.

Only disadvantages of the CZ is availabiliy of accessories like a holster and the extra mag costs.

I've thought about selling it in the past, but can't part with it!

The triggers are a bit "stagey" and long when it comes to the DA. But in SA, it is crisp and easy to keep on target. Many recommend upgrading the trigger, but I really don't like guns that can't function extremely well out of the box.

I actually like the stagey trigger because it is a GREAT trainer. If I want to improve my trigger pull, grip, breathing, etc. I dry fire this beauty and it is amazing how well I can then shoot my other pistols. It is also a great trainer for the wife and kids. If you can keep on target with this DA trigger, then any other gun (except for maybe a Sig) will be easy to handle IMO.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1983 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Try CDNN for mags.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGripster View Post
I own a CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It is an all steel frame vs. the Phantom which has the polymer frame.

It is a shooter and I got it because I love the 1911 style steel frame and the polymer pistol capacity (18 rounds of 9mm). I too feel in love by just holding it. The grip is truly patterned after the Browning Hi-Power which is the only other gun that feels completely made for my hands.

Only disadvantages of the CZ is availabiliy of accessories like a holster and the extra mag costs.

I've thought about selling it in the past, but can't part with it!

The triggers are a bit "stagey" and long when it comes to the DA. But in SA, it is crisp and easy to keep on target. Many recommend upgrading the trigger, but I really don't like guns that can't function extremely well out of the box.

I actually like the stagey trigger because it is a GREAT trainer. If I want to improve my trigger pull, grip, breathing, etc. I dry fire this beauty and it is amazing how well I can then shoot my other pistols. It is also a great trainer for the wife and kids. If you can keep on target with this DA trigger, then any other gun (except for maybe a Sig) will be easy to handle IMO.

A holster made for a glock 21 will work great! I bought a concealable fobus holster for my sp 01 tactical. I also bought some extra mags, not too hard to find those.

I had a cz75b, but the tactical lets me get back on target much easier because it's front heavy. It's a great gun and will be much better with a trigger job from CZ.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

IMHO, the CZ and the High Power are two of the most comfortable to hold handguns out there.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What do y'all think of the dw v-bob? Just by holding these guns I have become a huge fan of CZ

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"

Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I really, really liked my CZ 75B. I loved my Dan Wesson CBOB and I really liked my 9mm CZ 2075 RAMI. Any of those three gets the CA357 stamp of approval. I won't recommend something that I've never owned, or at least shot a bunch.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am saving for a CZ 75 SP-01 (all steel) myself so I know how you feel.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGripster View Post
CZ 75 mags are affordable enough. I've bought the 16+1 Mec-Gars from Midway for $20-25. That might not be the case with the slightly higher capacity SP-01 mags, however.

Mec-Gar mags are the way to go for many metal framed guns...Sig, Browning, Beretta, CZ, etc. Identical to the factory mags for a fraction of the price.