Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   I think I'm in love! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/i-think-im-love-41459/)

Simpleman 04-18-2011 05:57 PM

I think I'm in love!

Well today while getting ammo for
Some rifles I was looking at some hand guns, although I have a para ordnance
1911, Glock 22 .40 cal, and sig mosquito .32 which I
Hate! My attention went towards CZ and I am I'm love they all feel amazing! Is there any CZ that I
Should turn my attention to? Thanks -simpleman

JonM 04-18-2011 06:04 PM

im partial to the CZ 97BD and the CZ75

LeoGripster 04-18-2011 06:13 PM

I own a CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It is an all steel frame vs. the Phantom which has the polymer frame.

It is a shooter and I got it because I love the 1911 style steel frame and the polymer pistol capacity (18 rounds of 9mm). I too feel in love by just holding it. The grip is truly patterned after the Browning Hi-Power which is the only other gun that feels completely made for my hands.

Only disadvantages of the CZ is availabiliy of accessories like a holster and the extra mag costs.

I've thought about selling it in the past, but can't part with it!

The triggers are a bit "stagey" and long when it comes to the DA. But in SA, it is crisp and easy to keep on target. Many recommend upgrading the trigger, but I really don't like guns that can't function extremely well out of the box.

I actually like the stagey trigger because it is a GREAT trainer. If I want to improve my trigger pull, grip, breathing, etc. I dry fire this beauty and it is amazing how well I can then shoot my other pistols. It is also a great trainer for the wife and kids. If you can keep on target with this DA trigger, then any other gun (except for maybe a Sig) will be easy to handle IMO.

JTJ 04-18-2011 06:48 PM

Try CDNN for mags.

Gojubrian 04-18-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoGripster (Post 489105)
I own a CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It is an all steel frame vs. the Phantom which has the polymer frame.

It is a shooter and I got it because I love the 1911 style steel frame and the polymer pistol capacity (18 rounds of 9mm). I too feel in love by just holding it. The grip is truly patterned after the Browning Hi-Power which is the only other gun that feels completely made for my hands.

Only disadvantages of the CZ is availabiliy of accessories like a holster and the extra mag costs.

I've thought about selling it in the past, but can't part with it!

The triggers are a bit "stagey" and long when it comes to the DA. But in SA, it is crisp and easy to keep on target. Many recommend upgrading the trigger, but I really don't like guns that can't function extremely well out of the box.

I actually like the stagey trigger because it is a GREAT trainer. If I want to improve my trigger pull, grip, breathing, etc. I dry fire this beauty and it is amazing how well I can then shoot my other pistols. It is also a great trainer for the wife and kids. If you can keep on target with this DA trigger, then any other gun (except for maybe a Sig) will be easy to handle IMO.

A holster made for a glock 21 will work great! I bought a concealable fobus holster for my sp 01 tactical. I also bought some extra mags, not too hard to find those.

I had a cz75b, but the tactical lets me get back on target much easier because it's front heavy. It's a great gun and will be much better with a trigger job from CZ.

HKSlinger 04-18-2011 07:54 PM

IMHO, the CZ and the High Power are two of the most comfortable to hold handguns out there.

Simpleman 04-18-2011 10:28 PM

What do y'all think of the dw v-bob? Just by holding these guns I have become a huge fan of CZ

CA357 04-18-2011 10:38 PM

I really, really liked my CZ 75B. I loved my Dan Wesson CBOB and I really liked my 9mm CZ 2075 RAMI. Any of those three gets the CA357 stamp of approval. I won't recommend something that I've never owned, or at least shot a bunch.

Poink88 04-18-2011 11:11 PM

I am saving for a CZ 75 SP-01 (all steel) myself so I know how you feel.

sweeper22 04-18-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoGripster (Post 489105)

CZ 75 mags are affordable enough. I've bought the 16+1 Mec-Gars from Midway for $20-25. That might not be the case with the slightly higher capacity SP-01 mags, however.

Mec-Gar mags are the way to go for many metal framed guns...Sig, Browning, Beretta, CZ, etc. Identical to the factory mags for a fraction of the price.