Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I Might Soon Be A Taurus Basher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default I Might Soon Be A Taurus Basher

Alright,I have had the worst luck with Taurus,it's incredibly bad.Back in February,I bought my 2nd handgun,and it was a Taurus 94 .22.Well,it's normal thing was to misfire 33% of all shots with the good ammo,and 66-100% of all shots with the junkier ammo.Well I got fed up and sent my gun to Taurus for repair.It took them about 2 months to make up their mind on what to do,would tell me one thing then do another,eventually they made up their mind to send me a new gun,so I accepted their offer and had to at my own cost and time,get a new permit for a new gun and register it and all that.Well,after over 3 months of waiting,I got my gun,and it seemed to work out well,and shoot without misfiring.But today,37 days after recieving my new gun,I was out shooting and the cylinder froze up,so I unloaded it and tried to pull the trigger,and I did and nothing happened,the cylinder wasn't moving,then it all froze up,then I opened the cylinder and closed it and the cylinder would spin without locking,and still the double action did nothing.I walked out of the woods,and on the way out,I was looking at the gun closer,I started to cock the hammer,and a chunk of sheared off metal fell out!What the freaking flip???I am at a loss for words.I am having the wife deal with Taurus because she is really good at getting things took care of,but I really don't think I want the gun back,and if they make me take a new gun,I think i'll get rid of it and become a devout basher.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's bad...that's REALLY bad. Send the gun back and get it fixed or replaced, then sell the new gun to me for half the price. It's the least I can do.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #3

Liked 125 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 37

maybe cheap revolvers are a no-no.Maybe I should have got a lower priced pistol and it would have lasted longer.I am new to handguns and hooked on the weaver revolver grip,I think a pistol would change my grip fast,painfully fast.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Name Gun Bashing?

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

I understand your frustration with Taurus when they did not replace your older malfunctioning firearm with a new one that also had issues? I'd Do this! Send it back with a Well thought out Explanation of that's wrong with this new replacement gun, why they replaced the old one before and why your really starting to have doubts about them? Give them the chance to make it right then, IF NOT BASH AWAY! I had the same sort of Experience with Colt and Smith and Wesson both! As a consumer we have a right to Bitch when we are ripped off and not treated right for repair and warranty and we also have the Right to bash and never Buy again if they don't make it right? I like to Keep Pics and Examples and then post to as many newsgroups as I can so others might not suffer my same fate? It's only fair?

RON

Last edited by RONSERESURPLUS; 10-11-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Mistakes in spelling