Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   I hope this is not True about the Beretta 92FS Inox's (Italian Models) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/i-hope-not-true-about-beretta-92fs-inoxs-italian-models-57159/)

CAMCHAMPION1988 02-06-2012 10:40 PM

I hope this is not True about the Beretta 92FS Inox's (Italian Models)

Ok i have been looking for a Beretta 92FS Inox Stainless Steel ( Italy) i got the cash now to get one. Budsgunshop is out of stock other sites are out of stock. Then i checked with Discountguns.com and the guy i spoke to said they are not Importing them anymore. Why?????????????????????

Anyone know why they are not importing them anymore??????

I have seen them on auctions sites which appear to be the only place to get one new now unfortunately for like well over $100 more than there retail price plus shipping. I hope i don't have to resort to paying more for one at a auction site. Plus i don't trust a seller of an auction that says the gun is new in the box especially when you pay well over Retail for a Brand New one as advertised. Anything could have happened to that gun before it is in your hands as those of you know.

I know they Still make the US version but i wanted the Italian one
the US Version is just as good but i wanted the Italian one.

NvRbanArms 02-07-2012 05:33 AM

Just go with the M9. I did and I love it. Think it's cooler than having all that damn script written down the side of the frame. And I sent mine in to Tooltech to get trijicon sights drilled into it. Haven't got it back yet. Should get it back by the end of the week.

NvRbanArms 02-07-2012 07:20 AM

Just FYI a shop out by me (IL) has a Italian inox and regular 92fs for sale. The reg is 589.00 and the inox i think is around 680. They r expensive shop though. That's why I never buy from them. I just go to look at them and check em out.

okdonk 02-11-2012 04:38 AM

Whats the difference between the Italian & US version?

CAMCHAMPION1988 02-11-2012 07:55 AM

A USA Made 92FS Inox vs Italian 92FS Inox Inox Meaning Stainless Steel

Well I love getting Import Firearms from other Countries. The Quality of Both are equal in terms of reliability and accuracy ( The USA Made Inox has Plastic Parts ) where the ( Italian Made Inox has Steel or Aluminum Parts ) I know you could just replace the plastic parts on the US Made Model. its a pain Also just the fact that it is an Import and From Italy is what i am hard for. Although i did experience a few stove pipes with a US Made Inox 92FS and had no Jams or Stovepipes with a Inox Italian Made 92FS it was Flawless. Note this both US and Italian Inox 92FS'S both come with Plastic Guide Rods. My wifey to be is Also a Full Blooded "Italian Import" as well so you could say i am partial to Italian Imports.

I have a US M9 By The way.

We still need to buy More American Products Come on America Make More FIREARMS That's a Start.

clr8ter 01-16-2014 10:05 AM

If you go to a slightly different model, you can still have the Italian Import. My 96A1 is from Italy…..

danf_fl 01-16-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMCHAMPION1988 (Post 705375)
The Quality of Both are equal in terms of reliability and accuracy ( The USA Made Inox has Plastic Parts ) where the ( Italian Made Inox has Steel or Aluminum Parts )...

I noticed you did not add the word "quality".

clr8ter 01-16-2014 10:36 AM

There is nothing wrong with the quality of either Beretta. I have/have had both.

JonM 01-16-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMCHAMPION1988 (Post 705375)
Well I love getting Import Firearms from other Countries. The Quality of Both are equal in terms of reliability and accuracy ( The USA Made Inox has Plastic Parts ) where the ( Italian Made Inox has Steel or Aluminum Parts ) I know you could just replace the plastic parts on the US Made Model. its a pain Also just the fact that it is an Import and From Italy is what i am hard for. Although i did experience a few stove pipes with a US Made Inox 92FS and had no Jams or Stovepipes with a Inox Italian Made 92FS it was Flawless. Note this both US and Italian Inox 92FS'S both come with Plastic Guide Rods. My wifey to be is Also a Full Blooded "Italian Import" as well so you could say i am partial to Italian Imports.

I have a US M9 By The way.

We still need to buy More American Products Come on America Make More FIREARMS That's a Start.

Just want to correct this even being an older post. The us made parts are steel covered in polymer not plastic. The guide rod is plastic and superiour to the steel one. The steel one can and does jam the gun in extreme dust dirt conditions. The plastic one does not.

John_Deer 01-20-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMCHAMPION1988 (Post 701330)
Ok i have been looking for a Beretta 92FS Inox Stainless Steel ( Italy) i got the cash now to get one. Budsgunshop is out of stock other sites are out of stock. Then i checked with Discountguns.com and the guy i spoke to said they are not Importing them anymore. Why?????????????????????

Anyone know why they are not importing them anymore??????

I have seen them on auctions sites which appear to be the only place to get one new now unfortunately for like well over $100 more than there retail price plus shipping. I hope i don't have to resort to paying more for one at a auction site. Plus i don't trust a seller of an auction that says the gun is new in the box especially when you pay well over Retail for a Brand New one as advertised. Anything could have happened to that gun before it is in your hands as those of you know.

I know they Still make the US version but i wanted the Italian one
the US Version is just as good but i wanted the Italian one.

Buds has the Italian BF92 but it is blued, not stainless. You are going to pay a premium for any stainless BF92 because they are rare.

I was considering a 9mm 1911 but I have decided to get a BF92 myself. I just want a quality pistol with a 5" barrel I can shoot in single action. I have an XD that I am going to retire to the truck or only shoot the XD when I get a brain locked range/safety officer.