I have, too, shot autoloaders........ - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I have, too, shot autoloaders........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I have no issues with anticipation of the slide blowback or racking. I'd guess it has something to do with what you started with or grew up using and seeing being used. I can't blame one for being uneasy with the idea of some large hunk of metal flying back toward their face at alarming speed. The thought never even crosses my mind.

BTB
I don't think I made my point about this clearly. I'm not worried about the slide coming back at me. I'm familiar with most autos to know when they are correctly assembled and in good firing condition.

What I do find distracting is the slight "jolt" of the impact of the slide hitting the rearward stops, as it gives me a second recoil "impulse", for lack of a better word. While a revolver just has the impulse of the cartridge firing, or recoil, the auto has three distinct "jolts" as the gun fires, except when the last round is fired and the gun does not return to battery.

Bob Wright

Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #12

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright

I don't think I made my point about this clearly. I'm not worried about the slide coming back at me. I'm familiar with most autos to know when they are correctly assembled and in good firing condition.

What I do find distracting is the slight "jolt" of the impact of the slide hitting the rearward stops, as it gives me a second recoil "impulse", for lack of a better word. While a revolver just has the impulse of the cartridge firing, or recoil, the auto has three distinct "jolts" as the gun fires, except when the last round is fired and the gun does not return to battery.

Bob Wright
No, I understood, was just addressing an aditional point to the same instance. I'm extremely tangential and tend to become seemingly incomprehensible and continuitiless because of it. Sorry to confuse the issue.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #13

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I have one and I love it, but it's so cumbersome. I find myself taking one of these with me instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Crabtree-RUGER-22-CLIP-LOADER/dp/B0054SQJZS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1QFGKSMJQD5D X&coliid=I3P3W75XB1TSOL

Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #14

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Do they make that for other. 22 auto loaders like 1911 clones/m&p/sr22 etc?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #15

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

here this is it
I like the idea of a speed loader but my 10/22 does have a slight change in the point of impact after 50 rounds. By the time I reload two magazines and shoot the bull for a bit the barrel has cooled off and the point of impact has returned to normal. When I am putting a rabbit in the pot I want to pop him in the eye. Not have a bad point of aim because I have become accustomed to shooting with a hot barrel.

What can I say? I like my rabbit with no holes in the eating part.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #16

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I found this jewel. In the reviews posters say it works with other magazines than the Butler Creek magazines. If your Butler Creek magazine ever gives you any trouble a shot of graphite spray for locks will straighten it right out. I use Lock-Ease available at most auto parts stores.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/540353/butler-creek-magazine-loader-for-10-22-hot-lips-and-steel-lips-magazines#pr-header-540353

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/