I have a screw loose or 2 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I have a screw loose or 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Funny, Glock factory 22 (caliber).

Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1259 Times on 856 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj84 View Post
Just buy a glock problem solved
NO, that would mean you REALLY have a screw loose..............

When all else fails.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrowning View Post
The Challenger 3 has to be unscrewed to clean.3 screws. Would the blue be the way to go? If it doesn't get cleaned after 100 to 150 rounds I get fte,ftf .
Hmmmmm. Locking & removing frequently is going to be a problem for any method. Any type of mechanical interference fit - such as an over-sized fastener or even a three-lobed, self locking screw - will only work for so long until the softer of the two materials being joined will begin to distort. This will eventually leave you in the same boat you started in PLUS you'll most likely have female threads that nothing will fit.

OTOH, all chemical threadlockers that I've used will accrete if you don't remove them with tap, die, wire wheel or whatever. That's just the nature of the beast - they work by sticking to fasteners. I'm not really sure if this could actually become a problem or not, since I've always removed any buildup or replaced the fasteners.

Personally, I think I'd try the low-strength Loctite 222 or similar, & just clean it off the screws every time. It should be easier to remove any accretion than even the blue stuff & should still be strong enough to prevent the screws from vibrating loose. The only other solution that comes to mind is to see if there are any screws available of the same size & type that have a nylon insert right in the screw threads. (Basically the same principle as a Nylok nut.) I've only seen/used these a few times though, so this may not help here but it could worth googling... If they are available, buy a whole box & throw 'em away after several uses.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #14

Liked 136 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks Underdog your huggable and lovable, Sounds like real good info.I found Uncle Mikes Gun Tite on line, does anyone have a knowledge of this product? JMB