Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I got followed home by some crazy people last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by aender77 View Post
The worst part is, I apologized and offered to buy his drinks the rest if the night (we were at a concert). He was ok with that, it was after the show, my buddies and I were walking out, he was hiding behind the steps with a ball bat that had my name all over it. He "popped" out and crushed my jaw... Of course I was doing the crappie floppy. My buddies loaded me up and dropped me at the ER. The next day I had surgery. The guy who put me in there showed up the night the incident happened to "make sure I was still alive" he was detained by security until the police arrived.
He had served 7 yrs of a 15 yr sentence. He also had to pay for my medical bills, pain/suffering, lawyer fees and time missed from work.
He apologized and I believe he actually meant it in court after his verdict and sentencing was read
Gheez man!! Sorry that happened to you...Especially after you did the stand up thing to make ammends. The world is full of crazy, stupid people and at least he was held accountable. The unpredictability of crowd dynamics is one of the reasons I don't go to concerts anymore... That and the fact that it cost a small loan to even go.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #42

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

For those who asked yes I did apologize

I would've never drove to my house I would've just kept going in a circle but I thought I was being paranoid when they turned a different direction than I did. so I drove home. I guess they kept an eye on me when they turned

They never came back so No future trouble

Old 11-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #43

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by akms47nagont View Post
For those who asked yes I did apologize
They never came back so No future trouble
You showed great tactical thinking and maturity there young man. I applaud your defusing of the situation and I'm happy there was no further incident. I just want to say that should you ever decide to carry someday... remember that you will have the power of life & death on your person... and never take that responsibility lightly. But you seem to have your priorities straight and a good clear understanding of that already.

Good luck to you son. Stay safe.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #44

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
Gheez man!! Sorry that happened to you...Especially after you did the stand up thing to make ammends. The world is full of crazy, stupid people and at least he was held accountable. The unpredictability of crowd dynamics is one of the reasons I don't go to concerts anymore... That and the fact that it cost a small loan to even go.
I still go to shows but am no longer the guy who is drunk beyond comprehension... I don't mind having a good time but I now do it responsibly.
I think growing older, having a family makes some people realize there is more to life then just living your life in a "haze"... being an adult is great, but sucks all at the same time... I miss hanging out on warm summer nights with out a care in the world... But such is life. If I didn't have any "cares" that means that I would not be trying to better my life for myself and family.
And you're right about the crazies out there... Just think about this for a minute ( and I have no factual proof to back it up at this time, but it makes you think) think about the news for a minute. Whether you read/watch or gather it some other way.
Think about the amount of "bad news" reported assaults/robberies/murders... Actual reported events are less than .5% of the daily happenings, maybe even less. Just makes you think about all the crazies out there that haven't "hit" the end of their road yet.
Exactly the reason why I carry, you just never know what may be lurking around the corner as you and your significant other are walking back to your car after a nice dinner.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #45

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have apologized to some a-hole in my hotel to keep them from making a scene in the middle of the lobby. Usually if they do start screaming everyone in ear shot realizes it is them being an a$$. But I don't like to let it get to that point.

Sometimes apologizing for something that was not your fault is simply the best thing to do.
I agree with this....sometimes

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 02-12-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #46

Liked 376 Times on 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I see no reason to apologize for something when I'm not in the wrong. Too many times that seems to not deescalate the issue it just gives the aggressor the confidence they need to be a bigger asshat.

If the OPs story is complete and true then this yelling paranoid don't look in my yard guy needed a big ol' steamy mug of shut the hell up. Not an apology.
A big old steaming mug of shut the hell up could sometimes wind you up in jail if the situation escalates. If you are packing a gun, you are better of defusing the situation calmly. @deltaf are you not a police officer? Aren't you guys taught to talk down the bad guy before shooting him. Someone followed you home and your entire family ambushed them with guns drawn? That sounds a little extreme to me especially if they hadn't brandished a weapon yet. Every firearms class I have taken has told me to try to defuse the situation and remain polite so you can AVOID having to use force. I think the kid (op) did the right thing minus driving to his house. There was no need to fight the guy for just yelling at him for looking at a sign. If the aggressor attacked him then by all means defend yourself. I just think this whole "i don't take no sh## from anyone" attitude it stupid. If there were no witnesses to say it was self defense, you could wind yourself up in jail for seriously hurting or killing someone over an argument about a sign. The guy was a douche for following the op to his house, but if he was just talking smack then it doesn't warrant an ass whooping that could lead to a felony assault charges ruining your record. @delta, if you are a cop, you have that to back you up in a situation like this. Normal citizens do not have anyone to stand behind them besides the lawyer they hire for court. If your whole family drew guns on someone who followed you, one of your family accidentally discharged and hit the person, and they had no weapon, I think you know that person would be in jail. We shouldn't give this kid some cowboy attitude where he should assault someone for yelling at him. Most of the time it isnt worth it to get in trouble. We carry weapons to defend ourselves from an attacker, not some guy yelling.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Last edited by FernandoTheCommando; 02-12-2014 at 10:20 PM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 439 Times on 253 Posts

I got followed by some dudes in a low rider once because I laughed when the scrubbed a speed bump. They chased me for some reason yelling and flipping me off. I thought they would go away but they didn't. So I just drove through a shopping center with a lot of speed bumps. After the fourth speed bump they gave up. Haha.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #48
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Lmfao

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #49

Liked 376 Times on 213 Posts

Hahaha wow.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app