I got followed home by some crazy people last night - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I got followed home by some crazy people last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
What no one has identified is the role black racism played in the case, including Obama's statement that if he had a son, the kid would look like " Trayvon " . That was racist, implying that what matters is a person's race or appearance . And there was the constant use of Martin's first name as if he were a friend or relative while Zimmerman was never called " George " .
Lesson : Don't expect justice ; avoid confrontations . Watch out for media-stirred lynch mobs .
Don't you know, Blacks and Democritters in general can't be racist. Only conservatives and white men are racists.
It was proven in the south that Democrritters can not be racist.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Don't you know, Blacks and Democritters in general can't be racist. Only conservatives and white men are racists.
It was proven in the south that Democrritters can not be racist.
Yes, democritters can be racist. The difference is you can't call them a racist.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #33

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

Yes, democritters can be racist. The difference is you can't call them a racist.
Oh yes you can, been there done that! LOL!

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #34

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Oh yes you can, been there done that! LOL!
Yeah, they just don't like it. That's not going to stop me.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #35

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by akms47nagont View Post
I am 18

so last night at nine in the afternoon my mom told me to go get her something from Walgreens so me and my friend who were playing the Xbox went and got whatever it is she asked for. on The way back I showed my friend this fence we never got out of the vehicle we were there maybe there 10 seconds. we had our laugh and then drove on. well this car started following every turn that I made so I drove past my house and then they drove into my neighborhood thinking I was just being paranoid I made a U-turn and as I came to the my neighborhood entrance they stopped at the corner house. I drove past them and parked in my driveway they made a U-turn and as I was getting out of the car they pulled up in front of my house and stared at us then they rolled down the window and started yelling at us for trespassing and And accusing us of looking in their backyard and other stuff that we never did in a very very aggressive way it was pretty scary fortunately I was able to defuse the situation without violence

It's not the first time i've been followed. maybe the third but it is the first time someone has showed up at my house and the first time I have ever made contact

when somebody put stuff like that on there fence it's so people can read and have a laugh it's also freedom of speech against that particular company

I would like the comfort of a gun in a situation like that it never would've been drawn but it would've been a little more comforting to have

I'd Rather have a gun and not need it then need one and not have it! But I can't legally buy a handgun!! Or the ammo to go with it

My dad's a police officer so I know how to deal with situations like that

The one thing I didn't do that I should've is get the license plate number and call the police

I'm Mor just curious what you would've done
you didn't do anything wrong. if you live long enough, you will run across crazy people here and there for the rest of your life. bottom line is, no one was hurt in any way....so this situation is nothing to waste your time thinking about any more. let it go.

you say you managed to deescalate the situation. so guess what? YOU were the adult in this situation. many adults do not behave as such, so maybe this was an early lesson for you.

in the future, if you choose to carry a firearm legally....you should STILL seek to end the situation in the same manner, armed or not. there is NEVER a need to "WIN" a useless argument with someone acting crazy. if you both walk away unhurt, you have both won imo.

a person I was talking to had taken a life expectancy quiz......he was surprised to see this question on a life expectancy questionnaire:

"How often do you get into arguments with strangers?"

Last edited by hawkguy; 11-09-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typos
People Like This 
Old 11-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #36

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
You said you resolved the situation without violence. Did you apologize ??? That should always be your first course of action before you say or do anything first.
Good advice.

On a TV special on road rage the narrator indicated that even if a situation isn't your fault, you can neutralize the matter by taking blame and apologizing.

This situation was a bit different - there wasn't any road rage incident but it still may have worked. This reads more as some punks just going out looking for some trouble as long as they can control the matter. If they thought they were out numbered or physically smaller than you(OP) they may not have ever done anything but driven away.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #37

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Good advice.

On a TV special on road rage the narrator indicated that even if a situation isn't your fault, you can neutralize the matter by taking blame and apologizing.

This situation was a bit different - there wasn't any road rage incident but it still may have worked. This reads more as some punks just going out looking for some trouble as long as they can control the matter. If they thought they were out numbered or physically smaller than you(OP) they may not have ever done anything but driven away.
I recall one morning pulling into work I damn near caused a head on incident with another driver. He managed to stop in time. And I made some sort of gesture that was misconstrued.

He pulled into the parking lot and he was incredibly pissed. He yelled, "did you just flip me off?!?" I told him that I didn't and the next thing I did was apologize profusely for being an idiot. Diffused the situation immediately.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #38

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

I apologized once for an actual mistake... It wound me up in the ER getting my jaw wired shut after a 3.5 hour surgery to piece it all back together...

Some reason "no reason to cry over spilled milk" doesn't work on guys who you accidentally bump into and spill their beer...

Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #39

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
I recall one morning pulling into work I damn near caused a head on incident with another driver. He managed to stop in time. And I made some sort of gesture that was misconstrued.

He pulled into the parking lot and he was incredibly pissed. He yelled, "did you just flip me off?!?" I told him that I didn't and the next thing I did was apologize profusely for being an idiot. Diffused the situation immediately.
Good call!

I've said before I'm big but not a tough guy. I recall an incident in Dallas where traffic was stuck and I needed over to make a turn. I didn't cut him off buy inched my way over and a big guy didn't like it and glared and yelled at me. All I could do was look away. He had death (mine) in his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aender77
Some reason "no reason to cry over spilled milk" doesn't work on guys who you accidentally bump into and spill their beer...
You don't even want to do that!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #40

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
You don't even want to do that!
The worst part is, I apologized and offered to buy his drinks the rest if the night (we were at a concert). He was ok with that, it was after the show, my buddies and I were walking out, he was hiding behind the steps with a ball bat that had my name all over it. He "popped" out and crushed my jaw... Of course I was doing the crappie floppy. My buddies loaded me up and dropped me at the ER. The next day I had surgery. The guy who put me in there showed up the night the incident happened to "make sure I was still alive" he was detained by security until the police arrived.
He had served 7 yrs of a 15 yr sentence. He also had to pay for my medical bills, pain/suffering, lawyer fees and time missed from work.
He apologized and I believe he actually meant it in court after his verdict and sentencing was read