Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   I got followed home by some crazy people last night (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/i-got-followed-home-some-crazy-people-last-night-99203/)

akms47nagont 10-20-2013 05:40 AM

I got followed home by some crazy people last night

1 Attachment(s)
I am 18

so last night at nine in the afternoon my mom told me to go get her something from Walgreens so me and my friend who were playing the Xbox went and got whatever it is she asked for. on The way back I showed my friend this fence we never got out of the vehicle we were there maybe there 10 seconds. we had our laugh and then drove on. well this car started following every turn that I made so I drove past my house and then they drove into my neighborhood thinking I was just being paranoid I made a U-turn and as I came to the my neighborhood entrance they stopped at the corner house. I drove past them and parked in my driveway they made a U-turn and as I was getting out of the car they pulled up in front of my house and stared at us then they rolled down the window and started yelling at us for trespassing and And accusing us of looking in their backyard and other stuff that we never did in a very very aggressive way it was pretty scary fortunately I was able to defuse the situation without violence

It's not the first time i've been followed. maybe the third but it is the first time someone has showed up at my house and the first time I have ever made contact

when somebody put stuff like that on there fence it's so people can read and have a laugh it's also freedom of speech against that particular company

I would like the comfort of a gun in a situation like that it never would've been drawn but it would've been a little more comforting to have

I'd Rather have a gun and not need it then need one and not have it! But I can't legally buy a handgun!! Or the ammo to go with it

My dad's a police officer so I know how to deal with situations like that

The one thing I didn't do that I should've is get the license plate number and call the police

I'm Mor just curious what you would've done

therewolf 10-20-2013 05:55 AM

What those folks did was not excusable. Perhaps what

made them crazy people was the sad fact that the sign

they made, in order to motivate the insurance company,

has only brought unfortunate derision upon themselves.

Just sayin'.

DeltaF 10-20-2013 07:51 AM

Happened once. Drove to Dad's. Called ahead. When I got to his house the entire family (and I have a big family and about half of us are cops) ambushed them at gun point, blocked them in the driveway, drug them out of the truck and slammed them on the hood, and very nicely explained to them what would happen to them if they ever followed the "wrong person" home.

If that doesn't work in your neck of the woods, drive to a police station instead of your house.

MisterMcCool 10-20-2013 12:06 PM

You don't really need their license plate when you know where they live.

Rick1967 10-20-2013 01:08 PM

I have had one person follow me. They were very aggressive. They did not try to hide the fact that they were following me. Not sure if I cut them off in traffic or what. They kept acting like they were going to rearend my Blazer. Which was stupid because they were in a little car like a Honda or something similar. I decided not to enter my neighborhood. I just kept driving until they stopped following. I was more worried about not wanting to be forced to shoot them. I had a 1911 on my hip at the time.

partdeux 10-20-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akms47nagont (Post 1407227)
I am 18

I'd Rather have a gun and not need it then need one and not have it! But I can't legally buy a handgun!! Or the ammo to go with it

My dad's a police officer so I know how to deal with situations like that

The one thing I didn't do that I should've is get the license plate number and call the police

The one thing you should have done was call the police before showing them where you live.

ScottA 10-20-2013 02:23 PM

I would say don't go home until they get tired of following you and go away, or drive to a police station. Pulling in the parking lot is probably all you'd have to do to get them to run for the hills.

NC1760 10-20-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1407404)
You spelled "your" and "efficiently" wrong. :p

My apology... I am dyslexic... and not at work (thus no auto spellchecker).

I would like the young man to answer my question... Did he first apologize?? Then state you're not looking for trouble... If they start to come toward you TELL them not to come closer and apologize again.... If they continue to advance (and especially if they are armed) it's on them what happens next and YOU are going to have to make a hard choice that you WILL have to live with.
...a firearm is NOT an argument trump card and should be the last thing you go for in only the most extreme circumstances. Don't ever think or let a gun give you courage.

Look at it from their point of view... They may have had problems with property damage and/or theft in the resent circumstances.

JW357 10-20-2013 02:49 PM

If it were me, I would not have stopped the car, gone near my house, or even my neighborhood. I would have kept driving, and called the cops while doing so. I would explain the situation to them and say I'm going to drive to your station, and can an officer kindly meet me outside.

But, we can all be Monday-morning quarterbacks all day. When I was your age, I doubt I would have done much differently than you did. I simply wouldn't have thought to do what I said above. So, that being said, glad everything (so far) seemed to have worked out for you. We live, we learn.

dragunovsks 10-20-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760 (Post 1407401)
You said you resolved the situation without violence. Did you apologize ??? That should always be your first course of action before you say or do anything first.

...and just some advice, this forum is not a blog, texting, facebook or tweeting. Composition using proper punctuation, spelling and sentence structure would help get you message across much more efficently here on the FTF. I had to read your original posting several times over to fully understand the situation.

In my opinion he did nothing wrong so an apology wasn't needed. He stopped on a public street, for a very short period of time, didn't get out of the vehicle then left. I'd have told the homeowner that me stopping on a public street was none of his damn business. Since when is it illegal to look at someone's property. I live on a state highway and people stop all the time, sometimes its because they are broken down and other times its because they are lost and wanted to stop and look at a map or answer the phone. If this guy is so worried about someone looking at his property then maybe he should take down the sign and/or not leave things out in his yard that may draw attention of passing motorists. I have a small boat, popup camper and utility trailer and because of the possibility of thieves I don't leave them out in front of the house along the highway in plain sight, my camper is parked in the barn and the boat and utility trailer is behind the barn.

If I was in that situation no way would I have apologized, I would have told the guy we stopped for a second to read the sign YOU PUT UP and left, if you have an issue with that I suggest you call the police.

The homeowner also sounds like a child sitting in the backseat of the family car whining because his sibling is looking at him. "Mommy he's lookin at me!"