I finally got a CZ 75
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I finally got a CZ 75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 24 Posts

Default I finally got a CZ 75

After a few months of searching for a CZ locally I finally picked up a CZ 75b yesterday.

I wanted an 85c but I settled on the 75 since that was all I could find.
I picked it up at 4:30, was home by 5:30, ate , showered, and at the range by 6:45. I didn't have a whole lot of time but I couldn't wait to try this baby out.
I brought three different types of 9mm with me to test. I started with 147g American Eagle. They were grouping OK but hitting left of poa by about 5". Figured the sights needed adj and decided to stop wasting ammo. Then I loaded up some 124g rounds just to see. I was gonna just use a little Kentucky windage and aim to the right of the bullseye but decided to rest the gun and see where the round goes. Surprisingly it was dead center. The 115g Winchester was pretty much on target as well. Guess it just doesn't like the heavier round.

Here's 2 of my 3 targets for the evening. Everything is shot one handed at 75' -

I had one or two get away from me while trying out the DA.(trigger feels like it's about 12 pounds). Single action was nice but with a little too much creep. Over all I'm very happy with it. Once I get some more range time with it and maybe improve the trigger a little I think it's gonna be a heck of a shooter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

Congrats on the new gun!

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 508 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Congrats !!!

Its going to be your favorite !!! Stick with the 115gr for the range...My CZ 75-SP-01 Tactical is the straightest shooter ever...and its really just a 75B with bells and whistles...

Again, congrats...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3156 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 682

I will eventually have one, or a clone

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #5

Liked 312 Times on 220 Posts

I have a PCR on the way with night sites. So pumped I order two sets of grips for it already. I am a fool. 😁

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 06-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 24 Posts

Thanks guys. I really like the way it feels. The DA trigger is absolutely horrible but the safety is set up so it can be carried "cocked and locked" like like a 1911 so it doesn't really matter I guess.

I took everything out tonight and cleaned and polished the internals. It feels a little better. I may take it apart again and put some stones to the sear.

I'm gonna get some more 115g ammo this week and head back to the range this weekend. I should have some much better targets to post then.

I'm also gonna order a set of grips tonight and I have a feeling Cajun Gun Works will be getting a portion of my paycheck in the near future.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 AM   #7

Liked 312 Times on 220 Posts

From the research I have done the CZ triggers need about 500 rounds of break in, and then maybe a trigger job. Some smooth out and work great, but some need help. A small price to pay for a really reliable firearm with great accuracy.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 114 Times on 70 Posts

Congrats on your new 75 Bravo. CZs are sweet shooters.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 389

One reason CZs are so accurate is that slide has a much 'shorter' profile. As soon as I figured out I needed to move my non-trigger hand up about 1/4" from what I was used to with other full-sized pistols, I started getting results like this every time. I am an OK shooter but no competition marksman by a long shot. I cannot shoot this well with any other semi auto pistol I have either owned or shot. I have the CZ 75 BD Police (decocker)

File Type: jpg IMG_20140202_114326200.jpg (28.6 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by chloeshooter; 06-26-2014 at 12:19 PM.
kryptar19 Likes This 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 508 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Now your talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
One reason CZs are so accurate is that slide has a much 'shorter' profile. As soon as I figured out I needed to move my non-trigger hand up about 1/4" from what I was used to with other full-sized pistols, I started getting results like this every time. I am an OK shooter but no competition marksman by a long shot. I cannot shoot this well with any other semi auto pistol I have either owned or shot. I have the CZ 75 BD Police (decocker)
That's the way mine shot, right out of the box...I was stunned !!! As to the trigger, I didn't have that issue...Now I cant even recall as I have about 500 rounds through it already ...I do know that I have cleaned and lubed it completely (several times - once after each shoot) so perhaps that is why my trigger feels good.

I agree, it is my best shooter and I have described it as almost like cheating...LOL

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain