Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   I could use some buying advice. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/i-could-use-some-buying-advice-27558/)

tcraig23 05-26-2010 12:06 AM

I could use some buying advice.
 
I need to buy another gun right now like a hole in the head but that has never stopped me before. I was at a big gun shop today and saw a deal I really wanted to jump on but didn't. They have several *show display* Smith & Wesson M&P 40 full size pistols with night sights. They are $399 with all the xtras including the hard case. I need to call them and ask some more questions but they looked very nice. What do you all think? Thanks for looking.

Shihan 05-26-2010 12:11 AM

You would be foolish not to jump on that. I wouldn't think twice about it. As a matter of fact where is this store? I am in the market for an M&P. That price sounds good to me.

tcraig23 05-26-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 290371)
You would be foolish not to jump on that. I wouldn't think twice about it. As a matter of fact where is this store? I am in the market for an M&P. That price sounds good to me.

It is the brand new Shoot Straight store in Ft. Myers, Florida. I agree it is pulling me like a tractor beam.

Dillinger 05-26-2010 12:17 AM

Didn't you just buy a new M&P 40c?? I seem to remember a thread where you had just bought a new firearm.

Are you trying to give NGIB a run in the most pistols purchased in a month's time category?? :eek:

Life is short - If you can afford it and you want it, you should have it.

Unless She Who Must Be Obeyed has other plans for that cash. Like new flooring. :rolleyes:

JD

Shihan 05-26-2010 12:18 AM

I would have left the store 400 and some odd dollars short in the wallet.:D

tcraig23 05-26-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 290379)
Didn't you just buy a new M&P 40c?? I seem to remember a thread where you had just bought a new firearm.

Are you trying to give NGIB a run in the most pistols purchased in a month's time category?? :eek:

Life is short - If you can afford it and you want it, you should have it.

Unless She Who Must Be Obeyed has other plans for that cash. Like new flooring. :rolleyes:

JD

Yes, I did just get the 40c, I traded in toward that so it wasn't bad on the wallet. No flooring or anything else right now but I have my own play money. The problem is instead of saving first then buying, I like to buy and they pay off. Not a good habit but I keep it managable.

adjohns3 05-26-2010 01:21 AM

Congrats on your new acquisition...sounds like a deal that was not meant to resist!
Good shooting!

WDB 05-26-2010 02:58 AM

A good price on a good pistol, I paid $100+ more for my M&P 45 (with night sights) a few years ago and still believe it was money well spent.

Jpyle 05-26-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcraig23 (Post 290384)
Yes, I did just get the 40c, I traded in toward that so it wasn't bad on the wallet. No flooring or anything else right now but I have my own play money. The problem is instead of saving first then buying, I like to buy and they pay off. Not a good habit but I keep it managable.

The ONE and ONLY benefit of NJ gun laws...no impulse buying of handguns. :D See a gun you like, it's yours in 8-10 weeks after the permits clear.

russ 05-26-2010 03:47 AM

$399 is a smokin deal. You should buy two and give me one just because it's such a good deal.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.