I can just have one handgun, what should it be? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > I can just have one handgun, what should it be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IMHO, this is a very personal question, and you have to find the answer

as best as you can for yourself. I know a lot of people who CC, and

most have a different system which works for them personally.

Me, it's a full-size 1911A1, but I like a cannon and don't mind hauling the

extra weight.

Many others do just as well with snubbie or small Glock.

My take is get the best you can afford, to the point of night sweats.

Then you'll feel better about carrying it, and it won't let you down in a

crisis.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #42

Liked 399 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
And faster reloading.
Due respect Shade, but if you've got to re-load, it's no longer self-defense/personal protection. It's a gun fight, and you'd better be fighting your way to a long gun.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #43

I have a Glock model 23. Its a good option. Small enough for concealed carry for some bu it has a lot to hold onto.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #44

I cc a m&p45c daily and have to say that the 45 cal is by far my favorite. Just something unique about the feel of the recoil. And it flings a chunk of a bullet if u use the heavier loads. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 164 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Glock 21 - .45 ACP

I know most confrontation end in less shots than 6 but I want 13 just to be sure and a couple back up clips just in case - You might want to run 500 or so rounds through a rented 9mm to get the feel of the semi shooter, .45 ACP has about 40% more recoil than the 9mm

Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #46

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Perhaps I'm a little confused;I thought the question was about ONE GUN for home defense.

As such carry outside the home will ONLY be in an approved,locked case,on the way to an approved,certified shooting range or other location outside NY City.The only reference to carry would likely be in the home itself and 24/7 carry comfort during the performance of common household duties would be the most useful requirement.

It seems most practical to choose a handgun that is small or light enough to carry 24/7,in a common major caliber,and with a conversion capability to 22lr for inexpensive practice...Before the gun is selected the buyer better have a COMPLETE understanding of the local law and regulations.
The buyer is after all in a city that I believe required It's sworn officers to carry DAO revolvers firing 158gr.lead round nose ammunition well into the 70's,well after other jurisdictions were clear on the hazards of that type of projectile in the urban environment.The law may only allow certain types or even brands of hollow points.(who knows for sure?)

Don't forget that unless we live in NY.NY,Chicago,Mass.Hawaii,the peoples republic of Kalifornica or a few other totalitarian countries within our federalist umbrella,it is almost impossible to understand this persons situation,but they must fully informed before they do ANYTHING.

I would however caution T.NY.Rev. to exercise most extreme caution in the rain,the reason being that I believe recent NY.law requires all official printing of the Constitution,the Bill of Rights and most particularly any publications concerning firearms or the Second Amendment to by code be printed on Bio-Degradable toilet tissue.

Good luck in your quest and remember:Ride Hard,Shoot Straight and NEVER SURRENDER.