How's that safety work? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How's that safety work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Ok, wife doesn't carry often, but she was going into an area where she wanted to make sure she carried... especially after yesterday while walking to work, she had three kids on bikes that rode back and forth by her until she stood right in front of them and fronted them, with a frozen water bottle... she can't carry at work.

So back to the story, she calls me at work and says "where's the safety on the baby gun". She calls her Bersa .380 a baby gun, so I ASS.U.ME she's talking about her gun. IDK, I've shot the damn thing once, hate it, it's not mine, and would be the last firearm I would pick up. I have no idea without looking at it. But, I was being a nice and suggested it has a lever on the side. She doesn't see a lever... {sigh} I hope she doesn't need it.

She gets home and shows me her new fanny pack carry, and I pull the gun out. WTF, it's my LCP. So, now I have to ask which "baby" gun. IDK if she's ever shot my "baby" gun.

Life was good, no problems, but damn we gotta work on communication! And the next time we go to the range, she's going to shoot it. Me thinks it will be the last time she picks that firearm up, LOL.
I was talking to my daughter about this post last night, and she came up with the simple solution of naming the guns like we do. My LCP is Elsie, her SP 101 is Teacher, my Mod 19-3 is Gandpa... you get the idea. For what it's worth, my XD 40 SC was Demon Child.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 310 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 34

And sometimes people takeing a CC class are brand new to shooting and have not made a choice at all yet on what really works for them.

Nothing wrong with a bersa. Just perception. Guess you would never carry a wlther PPk ether. My daughter carries a bersa thunder. Runs fine. Darn sure easier to shoot for most smaller lady's than a little micro 380.