how to spot a concealed hand gun

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > how to spot a concealed hand gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default how to spot a concealed hand gun

thought this may be of interest

fire.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

thats profilin' and prfilin' be wrong

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I carry a lot of stuff in my front jacket pockets. Wallet, phone, keys many times if I am running from weather or what ever I will hold them. Also I will resposition my phone many times because I don't like where it is at.

Styles that don't match? If we are talking about men this is not a sign of a CH it is a sign they are fighting with their wife or she may be out of town. Have you ever looked at some men. They can't even get a shirt and blue jeans that effing match.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #4

There are many factors in determining concealed weapons. Seeing a fanny pack on men in particular screams gun. A vest is most commonly used to conceal guns. An ankle holster will cause "bunching" around the carry leg.

The issue would be why someone would care about concealed carry unless they are LEO and then it is likely unimportant.

I much prefer to notice other things that possibly indicate things may not be proper such as large coats in warm weather, ski masks rolled up on top of the head in a business are and many other things.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #5

When you consider the releativly small number of people who carry a gun, legally or otherwise, any attempt to "look for them" is about the same as looking for a needle in a haystack.

John 3:16 (NKJV)

Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #6

Likes Given: 2

Default Spotting CC

The chart was developed for the NYC polce department. It is meant to be a training tool. The intent is not to search for someone who may be carrying but to assess whether the person they are interested in may be carrying.

LEO's are trained to be observant and maintain an excellent level of situational awareness. In most cases, they would be able to pick out the most likely CC candiate from a crowd. The reality though is that this is primarily to keep them safe by knowing what to look for before they approach anyone.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #7

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

There are a very few people who know that I carry. And all the time these people will say things like, "Your gun is showing." And they're really seeing is the bulge of my cell phone. They have no idea where I'm actually carrying my gun.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face