How much is this worth? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

How much is this worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1
i personally don't trade one item for multiple others, someone's always gonna be the loser & more than likely it will be the person who gave up one thing for many. my advice would be hold out for cash.

a couple months ago i listed my carcano sporter for sale in a local classified, i was asking $150 for it plus ammo which i thought was fair. a guy emails me & asks if i'd be interested in trading a 1978 ford thunderbird for the gun.....it's $150 friggin dollars! how hard is it to come up with that if you really want it? i shuddered at the thought of how haggered that thunderbird was & declined.
I swapped my 95 Nissan pathfinder with a scrapped tranny for a Rossi single shot .223. He happened to have an extra transmission laying around and swapped it out that night. Oh well. It wasn't worth it to me to mess with it. He got the better end of the deal, but I think I'll be happier with the rifle, if I can find ammo it likes.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
i personally don't trade one item for multiple others, someone's always gonna be the loser & more than likely it will be the person who gave up one thing for many. my advice would be hold out for cash.

a couple months ago i listed my carcano sporter for sale in a local classified, i was asking $150 for it plus ammo which i thought was fair. a guy emails me & asks if i'd be interested in trading a 1978 ford thunderbird for the gun.....it's $150 friggin dollars! how hard is it to come up with that if you really want it? i shuddered at the thought of how haggered that thunderbird was & declined.
That's true...unfortunately for whatever reason most of the people contacting me only want to trade, and it's mostly stuff like "truck in great shape except reverse gear doesn't work and/or you can see the pavement below the pedals" etc.

The guy's now offering me the mossberg 500 w/ just the 24in barrel, the m96, and a taurus 44 mag. By my reckoning the mossberg's worth about $200, $500 for the m96, and another $300ish for the taurus? Which still puts me $200 shy of what I'd like to get for the bike.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #23

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Leave this dude alone. He's already been dishonest to you.