Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How much do u invest in ballistics numbers?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
As someone with 20+ years of REAL law enforcement, I call B.S. Every "REAL" officer I know has a great deal of respect for Border Patrol officers.

You need to study the definitions of jurisdictions.

Is a city police officer not a "real" law enforcement officer if he is not allowed to enforce game and fish laws???

Federal officers cannot enforce state laws because of state, not federal, sovereignty. In my state, sheriff's deputies cannot enforce city ordnances. Are deputies not "REAL" LE????

REAL cops, i.e. local police and sheriff cannot arrest and charge illegal aliens. They can only detain them pending arrival of federal officers.
Actually, constitutionally speaking a sheriff and his deputies are the only REAL law enforcement. That's a different argument though.

Are you anywhere near the border? I am in Tucson, AZ, closer you get to the border the less cops enjoy the BP presence. Don't get me wrong they are needed to haul off the occasional illegal so Obama can let them go later (oh wait maybe we don't need them after all).

If the federal govt would not sue the states (AZ sb1070) for trying to enforce the border on their own then the border patrol would not be needed either.

And in response to the pathetic argument that game and fish has anything to do with this argument. Those are regulations law enforcement wants nothing to do with and does not have the time to enforce so, they have to create an agency staffed with tree huggers and environmentalists to give a crap about those "laws".

Jurisdiction, a sheriff has jurisdiction EVERYWHERE in the USA. He is the only elected law enforcement in the country. Err go the only accountable law enforcement. Can you find another example of accountability anywhere in law enforcement? Oh and the supreme court doesn't count since not everyone gets to be heard by the Supremes.

That's why cities "laws"are mirrored off of the states. The rest are called ordinances and are very closely monitored as to not exceed the scope of punishment associated with pretty misdemeanors (which is the reason sheriffs don't enforce them). Cities cannot create felonies, those have to be charged as state crimes.

Did i miss anything? I'm sure you'll let me know.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5205 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4441

Take this to conspiracy. It doesn't belong here.

Golda Meier.

Last edited by locutus; 02-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #83

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Reloading cost is very tempting.
It becomes even more tempting under the present shortage of just about everything.

Brass is usually free for just picking it up at the range.
Primers 4¢ (todays price if you can find them)
Bullets 9¢ (Berry's HBRN-TP)
Powder 2¢ (231 @ $24/lb)

So you end up at 15¢ a round for 9 mm or $7.50/ box of 50 rounds.

Besides reloading is good therapy as you listen to all the gun ban crapola going around.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #84

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Take this to conspiracy. It doesn't belong here.
(dead body laying in the background)
MOVE ALONG PEOPLE NOTHING TO SEE HERE! (Police officer on bullhorn)

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #85
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6763 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

That's right, move along. There's nothing to see her because this thread is closed. It started out as a thread on Ballistics and ended up on Border Patrol? This thread has run it's course.

Closed Thread