How much do u invest in ballistics numbers? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How much do u invest in ballistics numbers?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
WE, as a group need to show up in mass in locations where we are told we are not allowed to be armed and let them arrest us in mass.
That has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I have heard in a long time. Good job.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6553 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 6196

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I did not say anything about 'waving guns around'. WE, as a group need to show up in mass in locations where we are told we are not allowed to be armed and let them arrest us in mass. If we flood the 'system' and get attention like the 'progressives' do the laws will change. We need to see that we and all the 'pro gun organizations' support, emotionally and financially, those who find themselves 'arrested' when they have done nothing wrong!!!

You have violated the law. (good law or bad is irrelevant, it's still the law)

But you have done nothing wrong.

That does not compute.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #63

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

Don't disagree, but my summer clothing doesn't allow for anything larger and I won't change my comfort to allow for the larger gun. So I'd rather have my 25 around because tis better to have a 25 in your pocket than a 9mm at home...
This is why I carry a XDs in 45

Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #64

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
WE, as a group need to show up in mass in locations where we are told we are not allowed to be armed and let them arrest us in mass. If we flood the 'system' and get attention like the 'progressives' do the laws will change. We need to see that we and all the 'pro gun organizations' support, emotionally and financially, those who find themselves 'arrested' when they have done nothing wrong!!!
YES this always works for the tree huggers and "occupy" jackasses. Brilliant!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #65

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

That does not compute.
You REALLY need to study the difference between "rule of law" and "rule of man". There most definitely IS a point at which a law becomes nulified even though it is a "law".
Remember we are a nation who's government only exists by the consent of the governed. Simply because an autocracy passes a law which they then exempt themselves from like kings, does not make that rule of law but, rule of man.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
You REALLY need to study the difference between "rule of law" and "rule of man". There most definitely IS a point at which a law becomes nulified even though it is a "law".
I'm not sure I see your point. Could you give me an example? Rather than asking you to do a bunch of research, I'll even settle for a fictitious example. I'm just not seeing what you mean by that. Thanks

Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6553 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 6196

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
Remember we are a nation who's government only exists by the consent of the governed. Simply because an autocracy passes a law which they then exempt themselves from like kings, does not make that rule of law but, rule of man.
Whether or not a "law' is nullified is determined by the courts. At least that's the way the Founding Fathers wrote our Constitution.

The idea that every individual has the right to be his own "Supreme Court" was the philosophy of the looney-toon anarchists, and would not be supported by more than 1/2 percent of the American people, if indeed that many.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #68

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'll give you two very recent examples the the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the law while in the ruling admitting that the "law" was unconstitutional.

First is the ruling that the border patrol has the authority to stop ANYONE without cause and search them their vehicles possessions to include going into their computers as long as you are within 100 miles of the border.

Second, the ruling on "Obamacare" While justice Stevens specifically says it is not his job to protect the American people from their voting decisions and sides with Obamacare. All the while admitting that it is in fact unconstitutional. Umm, correct me if I'm wrong gentlemen but, that is his ONLY job. SCOTUS is supposed to stand between the people and the govt to stop govt over reach.

Still think THIS is the govt our founders intended!? If you do then we have nothing to discuss. Simply because the congress votes laws and the supreme court upholds does NOT mean that WE THE PEOPLE have any duty to live by them. WE are the ultimate keepers of the constitution.

Or would you go so far as to condemn the founders of this great nation as traitors simply because they cast off the bonds of their tyrannical govt? It was, at the time, OUR govt the founders were fighting against. Do you think for a second that if Britain had won that history would not have vilified the founders as traitors?

That's a nice bubble you live in there locutus. Hope no one pops it.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
That has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I have heard in a long time. Good job.
Tell that to Rosa Parks and those in Alabama who did this!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

That does not compute.
So all those who were affected by the Jim Crow laws should have just complied with the law. When the tea was shipped to the colonies with the high taxes we should have just complied because it was the law?

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Closed Thread