How much ammo per caliber do you stock? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How much ammo per caliber do you stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Why is it that no one ever points out the specifics of the second amendment that it shall not be infringed. Do people know what the meaning of infringe means. The only reason they are trying to do controls is because there are to many dumb people out there that don't know how to read apparently cuz last I check infringe means that it cannot be changed or altered in anyway so how are we allowing them to even attempt to restrict anything. When our four fathers wrote this amendment specifically for these types of situations. To be clear it can never be changed. When will some step up and point that out.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperez View Post
Why is it that no one ever points out the specifics of the second amendment that it shall not be infringed. Do people know what the meaning of infringe means. The only reason they are trying to do controls is because there are to many dumb people out there that don't know how to read apparently cuz last I check infringe means that it cannot be changed or altered in anyway so how are we allowing them to even attempt to restrict anything. When our four fathers wrote this amendment specifically for these types of situations. To be clear it can never be changed. When will some step up and point that out.
I hear "Shall not be infringed" regularly. Not sure why you don't hear it. Even on this forum it is frequently said.

The problem is the punctuation in the 2A, specifically two commas. There are two versions of the 2A from back when it was adopted. The first one is the one that was ratified by Congress, this one:
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
You see that first comma? It is not there in the version that went to the States for ratification. The second comma is the one that the anti-gunners ignore.

As I read it (and while I am no Constitutional scholar not am I a lawyer or politician, I do know words and writing) it says to me that in the language of the time the Founders were stating three things;

1) A well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state. Period.

2) The People have a God given natural right to keep and bear arms. Period.

3) Neither of those shall be infringed.

In other words, they were aware of the fact that there must be a way for a free state to defend itself, and while the Colonists did not have a "well regulated militia" during or even for some time after the Revolutionary War, they did fully understand that the newly created nation must have that now. (read up on the Revolutionary War for the information, as I have not enough time to reiterate what has already been written on the subject. One excellent book on the subject is "1776" by David McCullough.)

They also realized that the People (notice that they did not use the word "Citizens") must have the means at hand to revolt against the Government, even if the Militia was used against the People.

The anti-gunners choose to ignore those commas (or the comma), so it appears to them as though the "well regulated militia" and the "people" were meant to be one and the same. To me (and I presume to many of you, and to the SCOTUS) these words with the punctuation means that the two are distinct.

When will someone step up and point it out? It has been happening since this country was founded. Pay attention. Spread the word.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperez View Post
you're preaching to the choir! "Shall not be infringed" is used quite regularly here and is meant heart and soul by many. many of us defend it by belonging to gun rights groups like the NRA and other similar groups.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 AM   #34

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Boat sank and took all my guns and ammo with it. Damn Mississippi River, probably in the middle of the gulf right now. Damn.
Guns to boot? Damn Sam, that's lame! Sorry to hear it.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Thread hi-jack!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #36

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Now that we've heard from our leagle department back to our regularly scheduled thread.

I have three different calibres ,and am about to add a fourth,I have on average around 500 rounds per calibre for my handguns.For my long guns I would like to say I had at least a thousand but after my last range trip ,and the fact that I didn't re-up before the scare I only have a little more than180 for my AR and 30 shells for my shotgun.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #37

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

I try to keep my firearms purchases in a few select popular calibers .40, .223, 12guage, 7.62 etc. I have compiled a LOT of ammo in these through the years.

In the last month I purchase the first .22 I ever owned in my life. I never saw any since in having one. In last two weeks I've bought two more 22s and 1000's of rounds of ammo. While you can't hardly find .223 around here 22 is everywhere and damn cheap. It's not my first choice for defense of course. But there are a lot of dead people that can testify to its effectiveness if shots are well placed.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408essj View Post
Paranoia much? Haha yeah big brother is watching your every post.
I serious doubt 'big brother' is watching, but MANY others are!!!!!
Why don't you publish this info in your local paper too!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #39

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Boat sank and took all my guns and ammo with it. Damn Mississippi River, probably in the middle of the gulf right now. Damn.
Your's too, what a tragedy!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #40

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker

Your's too, what a tragedy!
Yea, I think some of us here at FTF should invest in better boats!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.