How does this happen? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How does this happen?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
JD-
Mack Bolan? Are you frikkin kidding me? I didn't think anyone else had ever heard of those books! I was addicted to those when I was a kid! The Executioner and his Beretta 93R... Maybe I'll dig some of those out.
Yeah dude, I read and collected about 200 of them, from the first one well up into the split off of Able Team & Phoenix Force ( all of which I have stashed in storage under years of dust). I still love David McCarter as one of the best fiction characters in the whole series. I still find myself buying one at the airport before a long plane ride.

Aaron "The Bear", Bolan's Armorer, was the reason I started studying modern firearms and how they worked in the first place. Wanted to be the modern day equivalent... LOL

Good times - from a much more careful world of school and a part time job...

JD

Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2944 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

I've got about a hundred Bolan books including Phoenix Force, Able Team, etc. A guys answer to Harlequin romance novels.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like it! Mine is the .44 Mag version and I carry it with the 10 round extended magazines. First thing you need to carry it is a good holster. I get mine from Ted Blocker, I have a couple of IWB and a couple of Shoulder Holsters, (1 horizontal& 1 vertical) I prefer the IWB with a good belt! I had mine Magna-Ported years back, shoots double&triple taps accurately now. BTW the brass in the face just needs an adjustment, no gun is really designed to shoot hot brass into the shooters face

Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Y'all are talking some beastly handguns here! Those D Eagles are huge. I have several (wheelgun) 44 Mags and they are heavy... for conceal carry anyway, and you guys want to haul those monsters around? That's OK, to each his own.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Y'all are talking some beastly handguns here! Those D Eagles are huge. I have several (wheelgun) 44 Mags and they are heavy... for conceal carry anyway, and you guys want to haul those monsters around? That's OK, to each his own.

You'd be suprised how fast you'll get used to it with a great holster, besides I get 11 rounds of .44 mag, still lighter than 2 revolvers!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I fired one of those when the .44 version first came out. I SOOO wanted a true .44 Magnum Autoloader like Mack Bolan had. It was a disease that I needed to find a cure for. Shooting that big bastard, with that oversized grip and that massive recoil, was the cure... LOL

Best of luck Jeep - I hope you love it...

JD
I read every Mack Bolan book from the first one until about 1997 or so.. As well as all the Able Team and Phoenix Force books.

You're the first person I've ever come across to reference Mack on the web!

-Peter

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
-Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member

Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Mine is the .44 Mag version and I carry it with the 10 round extended magazines. First thing you need to carry it is a good holster. I get mine from Ted Blocker, I have a couple of IWB and a couple of Shoulder Holsters, (1 horizontal& 1 vertical) I prefer the IWB with a good belt!
What, no ankle holster?

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
What, no ankle holster?

Actually I finished taking my CCW class last week, I was gonna check into a crotch holster`

Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Actually I finished taking my CCW class last week, I was gonna check into a crotch holster`
I think the proper name for that is a "Chippendales" holster.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 10-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #20

Quote:
If you have room in your crotch for that huge gun and holster you couldn't possibly have room for very much of anything else. Please don't take offense because I meant it only to be funny and just couldn't resist because you made it so easy.

Ron

Last edited by h2oking; 10-24-2008 at 06:56 AM.