How is this for conceal carry!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

How is this for conceal carry!!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dearhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC,South Carolina
Posts: 1,604
Liked 1361 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Default How is this for conceal carry!!

Think this would get the job done?



make-my-day.jpg


__________________
US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings, P2V plane capt.
US Naval Academy (DI) Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) NDW shooting team member and a lot more stuff!
Alway keep your six covered
Dearhunter is online now  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

That's pretty cool but I'm thinking open carry or mounted to a tracked vehicle...

...and I think 40 mm is the smallest grenade. Anything below that is a signaling device.


Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
That's pretty cool but I'm thinking open carry or mounted to a tracked vehicle...

...and I think 40 mm is the smallest grenade. Anything below that is a signaling device.
I bet an enterprising caster/reloader could send a very clear signal with such a device, something along the lines of "NOT WELCOME".
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,355
Liked 10985 Times on 4758 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Default

There ARE grenades smaller than 40 mm. 30mm was standard for the Warswaw Pact in the AGS-17 Plamyja Grenade Launcher. Whether you have a destructive device or a signaling device is driven in part by what can fire.

As far as handloading, grenade lauchers use an unusual hi pressure/low pressure system- otherwise it would blow the firearm apart, and cripple the shooter with recoil.

Shame, tho- would make one hell of a shotgun!
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
There ARE grenades smaller than 40 mm. 30mm was standard for the Warswaw Pact in the AGS-17 Plamyja Grenade Launcher. Whether you have a destructive device or a signaling device is driven in part by what can fire.

As far as handloading, grenade lauchers use an unusual hi pressure/low pressure system- otherwise it would blow the firearm apart, and cripple the shooter with recoil.

Shame, tho- would make one hell of a shotgun!
I'd always heard there were 40 mm shot shells for our M203's but never actually saw or fired one? May have been "urban legend"?

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BillM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Amity
Posts: 1,075
Liked 237 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

That is one tarted up Redhawk. The pin at the top of the grips and the
one below the ejector rod make me wonder if the whole frame is plated
with "stuff".
BillM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,355
Liked 10985 Times on 4758 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Default

40mm-buckshot.jpg

Oh, you mean like THIS ^ ? Did not work that well. But yeah, they did make them.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
XxChino13xX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 387
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I'd always heard there were 40 mm shot shells for our M203's but never actually saw or fired one? May have been "urban legend"?

Tack
They were 40mm for the 203's (when I was in at least as well). I didn't know about the smaller diameter grenade rounds though, pretty cool.
__________________
The difference between myself and a madman, is, I am not mad. - Salvador Dali
XxChino13xX is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 53319

Oh, you mean like THIS ^ ? Did not work that well. But yeah, they did make them.
C3...your ability to track down obscure information is rapidly becoming the stuff of Internet lore. You're like the cyber version of the Old Time Guru that Bob Lee Swagger visits in the film Shooter.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JD1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport,Illinois
Posts: 748
Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
C3...your ability to track down obscure information is rapidly becoming the stuff of Internet lore. You're like the cyber version of the Old Time Guru that Bob Lee Swagger visits in the film Shooter.

Tack
Played by one of the best musicians of our time the late, great Levon Helm


JD1969 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
glock 22 conceal carry 504fireMan Glock Forum 15 05-29-2013 09:41 PM
Conceal carry .45 Cas04 Semi-Auto Handguns 47 02-23-2013 03:18 PM
Illinois Conceal Carry krisko09 Illinois Gun Forum 5 05-09-2012 02:20 AM
WI conceal carry JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 09-15-2011 02:02 AM
Best conceal carry location drakkon Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 11-14-2009 07:20 PM



Newest Threads