Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How To Ask For Help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Doc3402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1755 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Doc- there is always the "When was my gun, serial number 234XX made?"


What, it was made in 19XX !
I've seen that one a bunch. So much that I now give my birth year as 19xx. My favorite was always: I have a computer. What video card can I put in it?
__________________
Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 9,740
Liked 2285 Times on 1365 Posts
Likes Given: 1064

Default

Thanks Doc.

Very good post.

I hate the "20 questions" game, but there are times when questions have to be asked to provide straight answers.

IMO, there is no such thing as a dumb question, except for the one not asked.

The forum discussion is a platform where everybody provides their opinions.
Are we "experts"? Some of us are and some of us are not (but the word "expert" is made up of two syllables. "ex" (was or "has been") and "pert" (another word for sassy).)
Do we know everything? No.
Do we have opinions? Yes.
Do we like to help others avoid mistakes we have made? Yes.

Again, a good post and Thanks!

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

danf_fl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Doc3402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1755 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Thanks Doc.

Very good post.

I hate the "20 questions" game, but there are times when questions have to be asked to provide straight answers.
I'm not wild about the 20 questions game, either, but there is often a point or two that could use some clarification. It's how we give better answers. Just don't ask me who's on first if you're not even going to tell me what ballpark you're playing in.
__________________
Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gunfujoe92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

New handgun owner here. Grew up with long guns though. Love reading everyone's posts. I do a lot of independent research but sometimes I get frustrated because I want an opinion with supporting reasons and all the shooters I know only give me "Glock is good" or "I wouldn't own a Glock if it was given to me". I appreciate that there seem to be some articulate individuals here and I'll definitely being asking questions as they occur to me.

__________________
gunfujoe92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Doc3402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1755 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfujoe92 View Post
New handgun owner here. Grew up with long guns though. Love reading everyone's posts. I do a lot of independent research but sometimes I get frustrated because I want an opinion with supporting reasons and all the shooters I know only give me "Glock is good" or "I wouldn't own a Glock if it was given to me". I appreciate that there seem to be some articulate individuals here and I'll definitely being asking questions as they occur to me.
First, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance stop by the Introductions thread and tell us more about yourself.

As for the questions, ask away. There are many of us here that enjoy helping others. To make sure you get good answers try to be specific with your questions, but if you can't, that's okay, too. It will just take a little longer to narrow things down.

By the way, Glock is good. So are S&W, Sig, Ruger, Springfield Armory, Beretta, and probably a dozen or so more that I'm forgetting right now. Enjoy your stay.
__________________
Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default

I'm one of the newbies and I seem to have a problem in posting questions. Sometimes they go thru and sometimes not. My specific question now is that I have a Dan Wesson .357 rev. with a 6 in. bbl. and I can't seem to find anything on the history of the Dan Wesson company history thing.
what am I doing wrong ?. Thanks Gene.

__________________
genecrist1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #27
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 5,497
Liked 2100 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genecrist1234 View Post
I'm one of the newbies and I seem to have a problem in posting questions. Sometimes they go thru and sometimes not. My specific question now is that I have a Dan Wesson .357 rev. with a 6 in. bbl. and I can't seem to find anything on the history of the Dan Wesson company history thing.

what am I doing wrong ?. Thanks Gene.

First off, welcome, and when you have a chance, stop into the introductions thread and tell us about yourself a bit...
Try Wikipedia for Dan Wesson's history.....


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes