How To Ask For Help - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > How To Ask For Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Doc- there is always the "When was my gun, serial number 234XX made?"

What, it was made in 19XX !
I've seen that one a bunch. So much that I now give my birth year as 19xx. My favorite was always: I have a computer. What video card can I put in it?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2971 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Thanks Doc.

Very good post.

I hate the "20 questions" game, but there are times when questions have to be asked to provide straight answers.

IMO, there is no such thing as a dumb question, except for the one not asked.

The forum discussion is a platform where everybody provides their opinions.
Are we "experts"? Some of us are and some of us are not (but the word "expert" is made up of two syllables. "ex" (was or "has been") and "pert" (another word for sassy).)
Do we know everything? No.
Do we have opinions? Yes.
Do we like to help others avoid mistakes we have made? Yes.

Again, a good post and Thanks!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Thanks Doc.

Very good post.

I hate the "20 questions" game, but there are times when questions have to be asked to provide straight answers.
I'm not wild about the 20 questions game, either, but there is often a point or two that could use some clarification. It's how we give better answers. Just don't ask me who's on first if you're not even going to tell me what ballpark you're playing in.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

New handgun owner here. Grew up with long guns though. Love reading everyone's posts. I do a lot of independent research but sometimes I get frustrated because I want an opinion with supporting reasons and all the shooters I know only give me "Glock is good" or "I wouldn't own a Glock if it was given to me". I appreciate that there seem to be some articulate individuals here and I'll definitely being asking questions as they occur to me.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfujoe92 View Post
New handgun owner here. Grew up with long guns though. Love reading everyone's posts. I do a lot of independent research but sometimes I get frustrated because I want an opinion with supporting reasons and all the shooters I know only give me "Glock is good" or "I wouldn't own a Glock if it was given to me". I appreciate that there seem to be some articulate individuals here and I'll definitely being asking questions as they occur to me.
First, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance stop by the Introductions thread and tell us more about yourself.

As for the questions, ask away. There are many of us here that enjoy helping others. To make sure you get good answers try to be specific with your questions, but if you can't, that's okay, too. It will just take a little longer to narrow things down.

By the way, Glock is good. So are S&W, Sig, Ruger, Springfield Armory, Beretta, and probably a dozen or so more that I'm forgetting right now. Enjoy your stay.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #26

I'm one of the newbies and I seem to have a problem in posting questions. Sometimes they go thru and sometimes not. My specific question now is that I have a Dan Wesson .357 rev. with a 6 in. bbl. and I can't seem to find anything on the history of the Dan Wesson company history thing.
what am I doing wrong ?. Thanks Gene.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #27
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3294 Times on 2238 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by genecrist1234 View Post
I'm one of the newbies and I seem to have a problem in posting questions. Sometimes they go thru and sometimes not. My specific question now is that I have a Dan Wesson .357 rev. with a 6 in. bbl. and I can't seem to find anything on the history of the Dan Wesson company history thing.

what am I doing wrong ?. Thanks Gene.

First off, welcome, and when you have a chance, stop into the introductions thread and tell us about yourself a bit...
Try Wikipedia for Dan Wesson's history.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...