Hot under the collar at the gun store!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hot under the collar at the gun store!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Many years ago, when I was still married to her, I took my now ex wife to a gun store to buy her a gun. She asked to look at a Taurus Model 85 .38 spl. When the salesman took it out of the case, he carefully opened the cylinder, checked it to make sure it was safe. She took the gun, closed the cylinder, pointed the gun at him, and pulled the trigger 5 or 6 times as fast as she could pull it. It really embarrassed me. I was sure glad he checked the gun before he handed it to her. After we left the store we had a serious discussion about what she did. I partly blame myself for not discussing proper firearms handling before we went to the store.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Years ago, I visited a shop that had a short firing range in the back , where you could rent and fire automatic weapons . The front counter customers often pointed or even dry snapped pistols in the direction of the range area, thus pointing at the shooters on the firing line . When I got ready to try an MP-5 on full auto, I suggested to the range owner that he enforce some safety rules. He tartly replied that he had a business to run and would have to spend all day teaching if he tried that . I replied, " But it is my ass...! "
I agreed to cool it, fired a few mags of 9mm, and left with lighter pockets .
Years after that, the Feds got that guy on drug charges he said were bogus and they closed him down .

One gun shop owner told me he was ready to throw a customer out for unsafe handling but buttoned his lip . I told him he needs to learn how to be assertive . Examples :

1) Aggressive : Do that one more time and...!!!!!

2) Passive : [ says nothing ]

3) Assertive : " Sir . You aren't handling that gun safely . Point it in a safe direction at all times . If you haven't had formal instruction, may I recommend a good trainer ? "