Hot under the collar at the gun store!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hot under the collar at the gun store!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1982 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 592

I dont care if I just watched the salesman check the weapon before he handed it to me, I still check it myself. Never trust anyone handling a weapon.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Do gun stores allow you to pull back the slide, try trigger pull, take the gun apart, etc. when looking for a new gun in the US. Or, is this frowned upon at most LGS? All the LGS over here welcome it.
I've never been told not to "play" with a firearm I was admiring/feeling up/fondling, but I try to restrict the heavy petting for those on the really short list of "to buy's".

I did pick up a ruger gp-100 with a faint turn line; when I asked the owner of the shop whether it was "new" and how the line happened, he replied that "people want to feel the trigger" and something about people needing to monitor their youngsters more closely. He knocked a bit off for wear when I bought it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 11-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Complacency has no place in firearms...and always remember not saying something could lead to something really bad happening...guns are too unforgiving to be complacent

Old 11-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #24

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc View Post
Similar situation for me just yesterday but the employee handled it much better. Was showing a customer a Glock (couldn't tell exactly what it was) and the customer started waving it around and even "sighting it in". The employee explained, very politely, the proper etiquette for handling the firearm, to which the wizard customer replied..."don't worry, it ain't loaded". He was told that regardless of considered condition he should treat all firearms as if they are loaded and if he didn't want to do that then maybe he should either; take a safety course and/or take his business elsewhere.

Customer left to some mild applause and head nodding. I then spoke to the employee for a few minutes and he described this type of thing happening more than what many might expect. He said he always handled it in the same manner.

Good Job!
I like this.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #25

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
I was shopping at a local gun store here in Charleston, SC and ended up walking out really pissed! I had pick up several pieces of merchandise to purchase and placed them on the counter at the cash register and told the guy I was going to look at some guns. I walked over to the glass case which is about 20 feet long and full of hands guns, new and used. There was a customer about two feet to my right talking to an employee behind the glass casing. I went on looking at guns, I then noticed the guy behind the counter take out a hand gun from the case and hand it to the guy to my right, and the same time the guy took the gun and instantly muzzle swept me and continued to hold the gun sideways pointing the gun at me, I said "whoa" and backed up. neither of them noticed me. He handed the gun back to the employee and they talked. I stepped back up to the counter and when I did, the same thing happed again. At this time I got pissed!! In order to control my temper, I walked off and told the guy at the register that I was leaving, because of the two dip ****s handling the guns and me getting muzzle swept twice. I said the first rule of gun safety is to treat all guns as if they were loaded. Neither of these two dip ****s checked the guns before handling. I told the guy that he could keep the merchandise and I would not be back until someone learns proper gun handling safety.

Maybe I should not have let it get to me, but hell fire, Its my life.
I'd have done the same thing. One of my pet peeves is when gun

store employees simply assume a firearm, in a room full of bullets and

stupid people, is unloaded, by merit of the fact that it currently came

out of a glass case.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #26

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

One of the downfalls of 99.9% of shops is that there is nowhere to point the gun without it being uncomfortable for somebody. Somebody should really think of a designated area for pointing firearms when looking at them. It would go a long way.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

People Like This 
Old 12-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #27

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

You guys go to weird gun stores.

Every gun shop I've ever been in the guys behind the counter check the guns before handing them to me and they do so with the action/cylinder open and, where applicable, "locked." They then always re-open and re-check every gun when I hand it back to them.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
One of the downfalls of 99.9% of shops is that there is nowhere to point the gun without it being uncomfortable for somebody. Somebody should really think of a designated area for pointing firearms when looking at them. It would go a long way.
Perhaps a stuffed grizzly in the corner?

But seriously, I usually point down at the base of the counter as needed or lock the slide back if the place is too crowded.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I am always leery of handling guns in close quarters. Some times you think your holding the gun properly and someone says 'whoa watch where your pointing that'....but to actually put the gun to someones head is by far the most idiotic....do people really need to be told that...common sense people common sense!!!!!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik
You guys go to weird gun stores.

Every gun shop I've ever been in the guys behind the counter check the guns before handing them to me and they do so with the action/cylinder open and, where applicable, "locked." They then always re-open and re-check every gun when I hand it back to them.
Same procedures I've experienced also.