Honey I love you BUT............. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Honey I love you BUT.............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #21
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wonderful pistol might be a lot more than an over statement

I will admit I have a Davis derringer Trace bought for me several years ago. I shot it once and carried it in a pocket often to support her kind thought. She over paid for this piece of crap but bought it based on knowing I wanted a smaller carry gun. To her credit she found one of the smallest possible. Took some time to let her know it wasn't what I meant. Still have that gun in the safe.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #22

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I plan on testing it just to see exactly how it does and will post results. Stay tuned for when I get ammo and it quits raining.
Bear, watch you don't get High Pointy all over your hands! I hear it's hard to wash off.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
All joking aside, if my wife bought me a HiPoint, I'd use it. I'd use it as a truck gun or a tackle box gun. It's perfect for that.
I think it is awesome that she bought you a gun! A gesture and act from a woman that most of us will never receive from our ladies.

The tackle box comment just made me spit coffee on my keyboard!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I don't understand a spouse/partner/significant other (etc) who doesn't support their spouse/partner/significant other (etc) in their interests. I didn't skydive, but I supported Scubie and got his some equipment that he needed for that too. The main idea is to get your spouse/partner/significant other (etc) something they would like and probably not buy for themselves.

You just need to pay attention to little things that they say to pick up one what they would like. And, when all else fails, get them something that yhou like and if they don't like it, it's yours.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post

Works for Magpul

Hey I think it's great she's supporting what you love, bear...even if it is a Hi-Point Better than bitching about your firearms and making a huge hassle out of it, yeah?

Still getting my head around the strange concept of 'truck' gun & 'tackle-box' gun. That's just too strange lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 01-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Still getting my head around the strange concept of 'truck' gun & 'tackle-box' gun. That's just too strange lol
The "Tackle-box" gun is to take out the bears that come to steal your fish.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
So people don't have gun racks in the back window of their truck or SUV down there?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

A truck gun/trunk gun is for just that. A firearm that can be abused and thrown around and still work. Because it will be abused, it will generally be old or ugly and dings and scratches, a touch of rust or whatever, don't matter. It can be a rifle, shotgun or handgun or any combination of the three.

Same thing for the tackle box gun except it's always a handgun. After all, it has to fit in a tackle box.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
So people don't have gun racks in the back window of their truck or SUV down there?

Dear god no, spittin!

Carriage of a firearm in a vehicle must be in a case, covered from view ie in the boot (uh I mean trunk to you guys ) with the bolt removed or trigger lock fitted for pistols. Ammo must be in a locked box separate from the firearm, and then inside somewhere concealed like the glove box.

Even when carrying a gun on your own farm property this must be adhered to.

And unless you are a farmer, you may only convey a firearm DIRECTLY to and from the range, no stopping anywhere along the way is permitted. OK you *can* buy petrol etc but ONLY if you keep the car in view at all times. You may not just stop off at the local shops on the way home from the range to buy milk etc...if the car gets pinched from the cark park while you're shopping ALL LEGALISTIC (and law enforcement) HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE on you...you immediately lose your licence, permanently.

And lose all your firearms. Forever. No further correspondence will be entered into

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
My wife brought me back a present the other day. It's in the form of a hi-point 9mm. I don't know what I'm going to do with it except perhaps plink with it a little, then put it in the back of the safe. It looks like I need to invest more time into sharing with her about what I want. Hell-at least she's trying.
Hey, she could've surprised you with tickets to the ballet.