Honey I love you BUT.............
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Honey I love you BUT.............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Honey I love you BUT.............

My wife brought me back a present the other day. It's in the form of a hi-point 9mm. I don't know what I'm going to do with it except perhaps plink with it a little, then put it in the back of the safe. It looks like I need to invest more time into sharing with her about what I want. Hell-at least she's trying.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #2

You better keep it or your in hot water.

Either sabotage it by grinding the extractor or something and go take her shooting with it so she understands the reason for quality guns or Shoot it you may be surprised I had one and it was reliable and I left it in my truck.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_carpenter View Post
You better keep it or your in hot water.

Shoot it you may be surprised I had one and it was reliable and I left it in my truck.
Good point. It may make a good truck gun.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a hi-point c9 and never had problem with after 1500 hundred rounds and still going strong I also own other more pricey gun but would never talk bad about another gun cause it doesn't cost as much .

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #5

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would LOVE it if my wife bought me a gun. It's usually, "Okay, what do you want for your birthday, for Christmas," etc. Then I go buy it.

But I know what you're saying, Bear. I could be getting a shirt or a pair of shoes or something that I absolutely hate....which would be worse than the situation I have.

By the way, PM inbound.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
My wife brought me back a present the other day. It's in the form of a hi-point 9mm. I don't know what I'm going to do with it except perhaps plink with it a little, then put it in the back of the safe. It looks like I need to invest more time into sharing with her about what I want. Hell-at least she's trying.
Poor, poor Bear...

Shoot it, enjoy it and give her a kiss. It is not going to be your carry gun or primary home protect gun, but it is a gun. It is the thought that counts, plus you may be surprised at how well that fixed barrel, pot metal door stop shoots.

We will be expecting a range report, brother.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You have to love the way she thinks. My wife has bought me three guns; a shotgun, a bolt gun and a .22 Sig Mosquito pistol. The pistol is kind of a dud, but I keep it on hand for plinking. If you have a wife who buys you guns, cherish her and keep her close.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #8

I asked mine to buy me a rifle/pistol and she blew a gasket. She wants to get me something more "personal". So I told her to buy me an engraved one... Doghouse..

She finally warmed up and got me a gift vertificate in the exact value of a sig 522... She couldnt stand buying me the gun herself but she would give me a gift card to get it... weird I know.
She loves shooting the damn thing now... guess a 22 pistol is in her future.

WCU Rugby!

Lucky Taurus Owner... 3 out of 3! PT1911/ PT92F/ 44 Raging Bull

Old 01-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The only bad thing about using the Hi Point for a truck gun is that you'll have to drive with a paper bag over your head.

In truth, I've never really heard anything bad about their performance.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png